“Great upscale fast Greek food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Whaddapita! - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Whaddapita!
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
“Great upscale fast Greek food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Tasty Greek menu and absolutely outstanding service!

Boston, MA
“Real good Greek food here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Let me start by saying the food here is awesome. For the most part the portions are right, however here, and like a lot of places, the tzatziki does not come with enough pita bread. The only real draw back here is they are slightly over priced. Don't get me wrong, like I said the portions are pretty good, but I find your paying more than what you get. If you have no problem with that, then you can find some real good Greek food here, perfect on a summer day.

• Visited September 2011
Brunswick, Maine
“Great Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

Felafal and zucchini fritters are the best! The service is attentive, fast, polite, the drink selection good, can sit outside and has parking! The prices are also very reasonable. What more could you ask for for lunch? On Forest Ave and don't have a ton of time, it's t the spot to go!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank SSSNES
Portland, Maine
“Real Good Food Fast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

I tried Whaddapita for the first time today. Had a delicious lunch with my five year old daughter who gobbled up a dolmades vegetarian pita sandwich. I had the falafel version served on warm soft bread with yummy yogurt sauce, onions, tomatoes and a few french fries. The food was fresh, tasted great and was served quickly by Whaddapita's friendly staff. We were checked on personally by the restaurant's owner who was on site. We left feeling very satisfied for under ten dollars. For those with bigger appetites two of any kind can be ordered together for $8.29. Menu also includes platters, salads, appetizers, deserts, smoothies, sodas, coffee, tea, beer and wine. I can see Waddapita replacing routine trips to Subway, McDonalds, and other take out places on busy weekday evenings. Great place to grab a light meal before practice or after school activies.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank MrsPortland
Portland, Maine
“Authentic Greek and More...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2010

Whaddapita is a great restaurant in Portland...open for less than a year and it is very popular. Having lived in Greece for 6 years, I honestly feel I can comment on Greek cuisine, The owner is from Greece and he knows how to cook and has trained his chefs well. I love the Greek salad, which even comes with homemade rice -stuffed grape leaves. The chicken souvlaki dinner or in a pita is so authentic Greek...even comes with the fries right in the sandwich. The fried zucchini slices are awesome and the tsatziki is fresh and delicious. The have beef and lamb dishes as well (although I cannot comment as I don't eat red meat or lamb), but other members of my family do and I am told both the beef and lamb souvlaki are fantastic as well as the gyro dishes...in fact, the menu is quite diverse, but not too large as to have an effect on the quality of the food and preparation. Whaddapita also serves terrific desserts (baklava, etc.) as well as Mythos, a Greek beer. In the warmer weather, there are tables outside for al fresco dining. They do play Greek music, which helps to set the mood, although it is mixed with unappealing rock, which totally counter influences the European mood. The decor inside is all bright colors and although spotlessly clean (restrooms too), I would like to see more feel for Greece...framed Greek posters and/or Greek artwork. Still, I honestly feel like I am in Athens dining in a local taverna. You order at the counter, but they serve you at your table...We have eaten here four times and have also had take-out...We will be going back often (especially now that The Greek Corner in the Old Port has closed). I should add that you can watch as your meal is prepared, which only reinforces the cleanliness and professionalism of the restaurant. If you are in Portland and you love Greek food...you should head right to Whaddapita on Forest Avenue.

2 Thank BeeMelissa