“Fantastic”
Review of Sonny's

Sonny's
Reserve with OpenTable
Sonny's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 621 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Middle Street
Pasadena, California
“Fantastic”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had dinner at Sonny's on Saturday December 22. It was my first visit to this restaurant and it was AMAZING!!!! The group of us ordered the specials - scallops with a lobster tarragon sauce with mashed root vegetables. It was perfectly done and the combination of flavors was fantastic. I almost always order seafood fritters when they are on a menu and the cod fritters did not disappoint. You could actually taste the fish, which often gets lost in a fritter. Yum... had the asian chicken empanada...again, the combination of flavors did not disappoint. With a wide beer selection we were all happy. For dessert we all ordered specialty cocktails and the raspberry tart. I only wish I lived a little closer, this would be a regular spot for me!!

• Visited December 2012

nlove88
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic for drinks + food”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Sonny's is a can't miss restaurant/bar in the Old Port of Portland, Maine. Great for drinks (try the infused liquors), amazing food and an overall great atmosphere. I hit up Sonny's at least once a week with friends and the crowd is always a fantastic bunch.

• Visited December 2012
Biddeford, Maine
“love this place”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have been here several times for brunch, lunch, dinner and drinks. They never disappoint and the bar tenders are wonderful. Very highly recommended!

• Visited November 2012
edinburgh
“great atmosphere - good place to eat and drink”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were tempted into sonny's one evening as it looked interesting and although it was very busy
we got seats at the bar and really enjoyed the atmosphere. We each had a very tasty appetiser followed by a dessert each and these were outstanding. The wine was very well priced and there was a good selection. We received excellent service from the staff at the bar even though it was very busy as it seems to attract a lot of locals. A great find.

• Visited September 2012
“Nice for dinner and drinks.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is my second time dining at Sonny's in Portland Maine. Service and food/drinks remain consistently good. This time I ate a the bar as they have a full dinner menu. I had the white fish which was nicely cooked and tasty. The food is definitely good here, and the prices are reasonable. I had a dark and stormy at the bar and found it to be extra stormy with actual pepper in the drink. I think I liked the drink a little more than the fish. They also offered fresh bread and overall I would return.