“Disappointed”

Nosh
Ranked #59 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: destination fries, great food
Milford, Connecticut
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

First time at this restaurant. Food was different but tasty. Got there later Sunday afternoon and waited a bit while the bartender "played around" with something behind the bar. Thought maybe he was cleaning up and getting ready to close. It seemed that all the waitstaff was doing something other than taking care of diners. Had to ask for a second beer. Food came and he left and never stopped by to ask how anything was. Felt very unwelcome. When I was finished, he did ask me if I wanted another beer. I said yes and asked if they were closing shortly. He said no that they were open until 1;00 am. ???? I eat out a lot but not sure I'd go back here.

• Visited November 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Deep Fried PBJ Sandwich!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

You have got to try the deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I was skeptical when my friends took us there but the sandwich was awesome!!!

Visited September 2012
Silverthorne, Colorado
“Tasty and great hipster watching...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

You walk into NOSH and are immediately part of the action. Even though it has a very industrial feel-there is cool artwork on the walls (which changes every so often) and I love the couches to lounge on while waiting for a seat. You don't go to NOSH though, for the atmosphere--you go for the food...period.

Every time I go, I'm sure to get the bacon dusted fries or better yet, the salt & vinegar fries...they always give just enough and they come with a tasty little dipping sauce. I've tried the NOSH burger, the Rueben on a salad, The BBQ Chinese Pork and the pickle plate...on different occasions of course!

Bottom line-Go there, choose from a bunch of delicious micro brews and just embrace the meal. It WILL be busy on a Friday night and through the weekend but its great hipster watching.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank kmbmaine51
dobie2
“Fun atmosphere, solid food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I wasn't too hungry when I dined at Nosh so I decided to order a simple grilled cheese with bacon dust. The best grilled cheese I've had -- the marmalade makes such a difference. Unfortunately I didn't taste any bacon flavoring from the bacon dust, so that was a bit disappointing although other members of my party enjoyed it. Fries are excellent, as is the sweet chili dipping sauce.

• Visited October 2012
Manchester, Connecticut
“Great fries!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

The best thing about this place is the fries. They are dusted with bacon powder or salt and vinegar. Not as great as Duckfat but worth a trip in there. It was very noisy in there, not much ambiance but kind of funky. If you want anything to drink other than a beer go someplace else, my wine came in a small juice glass and there were plenty of wine glasses at the bar. The mix drink was about a thimble full in the glass, this is a beer place.

• Visited November 2012