“Best pulled pork sandwich in Maine!”

Po' Boys and Pickles
Ranked #126 of 621 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Portland, Maine
“Best pulled pork sandwich in Maine!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We live near Po'Boys and Pickles so we go there often. The only thing I have ever ordered is the pulled pork sandwich. It is what I got the first time I went and it is so delicious that I have to order it when I go there. My wife tells me the rest of the menu is great but when you find perfection in a sandwich why stray? I must have the pulled pork! Service is always friendly and they seem to appreciate their customers. They also give the best tasting pickles with ever order. Not a ton of room inside and we usually get our food to go but they recently added outdoor seating which is great on nice days.

Loogootee, Indiana
“A Taste of New Orleans in Portland, ME”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great place whether you want to get something to go or eat in. The service was very friendly and the food was delicious. We were looking for a place to eat lunch in Portland prior to heading to the airport; we decided on Po' Boys & Pickles after reading reviews on Tripadvisor and it was one of the only places that opened prior to 11:30 (it opens at 10:30). There were three of us and we were very pleased with everything ordered except the chili fries, the fries were good but left a little to be desired. The Dirty Bird & Gumbo were outstanding!

1 Thank buckeyehuff
Gorham, New Hampshire
“Great food and great staff”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Pretty easy to find and good parking. It was a nice day so we sat outside on their deck and watched the traffic pass by. I had the shrimp po' boy - their regular menu item had tartar sauce and lettuce but I like it the original po'boy way so they made mine with lettuce, tomato, pickles and red pepper mayo. The shrimp were delicious and I really enjoyed my sandwich. Hubby got the muffeltata and he was in heaven. He also tried the watermelon/pulled pork salad which he loved too. We both had fries, mine regular and his cajun. We were both really satisfied and we look forward to returning to try other things. And to top it all off, the staff were super friendly!

1 Thank Hopsing-NH
Litchfield, Maine
“Looking for a fast easy take out”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stumbled across this looking for a fast take out on my way home. Didn’t expect much but OMG, this place is awesome! Had small dirty bird with sweet potato fries and was that was plenty for me. The food is amazing and about as good the girl working at the counter supper helpful. My only regret is that I didn’t get a small of something else so that I could have it for supper. Two thumbs up! LOVED it and will be going back again as soon as business calls me back to Portland!

Kittery Point, Maine
“C'est si Bon”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place was worth every cent I spent. The decor was nice and had a New Orleans flare. The service was quick and awesome! The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. If I get a chance to visit Portland again, Po Boy's & Pickles will be my #1 pick for lunch.

• Visited June 2012