“So good I had them cater my wedding!”
Review of Local Sprouts Cafe

Local Sprouts Cafe
Ranked #187 of 617 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Portland, Maine
“So good I had them cater my wedding!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I haven't visited Local Sprouts Cafe, but I had Local Sprouts cater my 2009 wedding. After searching around for local caterers (and almost giving up out of sheer frustration), I found Local Sprouts. They were a JOY to work with. The people I dealt with were extremely kind and helpful, they had lots of delicious options and were flexible with my unusual requests, and the food is AMAZING. People still rave about the food at our wedding! They also were fantastic with making sure the food got to us out on Long Island, Maine, bringing the food down to the ferry themselves, packaged and ready to go. Awesome people.

USA
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Varied menu with fish & meat & vegan & incredible baked goods.
Main courses about $10. Large portions. Lots of interesting stuff to occupy you while waiting for food to be freshly cooked. Co-op run. Order at counter. Sometimes live music. Close to Portland Museum of Art...great pairing with free Friday nights at museum.

Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Brunch”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stumbled into this cute little gem by accident on a chilly Sunday in December. I decided to grab a quick bite to eat and ordered the Bones Scramble- it was the best scrambled eggs I have ever had. Curried root veggies, kale, beets and goat cheese, served with a side of perfectly cooked potatoes and hearty fresh toast. It was locally sourced, organic and absolutely to die for. If you are in Portland Sprouts is a must stop! It is rustic, charming and one of the best breakfasts spots around!

Visited December 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“Good lunch for both vegan and meat-eaters”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I were both happy with this hipster lunch choice... I had the massive and delicious blackened fish tacos and she had a vegan dish (the name of which I can't remember, but that she enjoyed). We had a little trouble figuring out the ordering process but the staff was friendly and helpful (basically you give your order at the counter, and then they give you a little tray with your silverware and a number that they use to identify you when it's time to bring out the food).

• Visited September 2012
Atlanta, GA
“For Locavores..Totally Awesome”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Loved this place. Everything is local and fresh and they were super accommodating. Saturday mornings they have live music. Today's artist was Karen Gellis (sp?). If I wasn't inclined to sleep in we'd hit that place one more time...

Visited September 2012