Maine Foodie Tours - Culinary Walking Tours
Ranked #1 of 29 Nightlife in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join Maine Foodie Tours and taste your way through town! Experience the talents and tastes of Maine while entertaining guides immerse you in culinary history and culture. All unique tours give you a mix of food and food for thought. Tours in Portland are offered in all four seasons! Private tours are available by request, and don't forget we're also in Bar Harbor, Rockland and Kennebunkport.
Pine Bush, New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This tour was fantastic. I went with my boys Joaquim (16yrs) and Gianni (14yrs). At first they agreed to go because they knew how much I wanted to go. By the end of the tour they had to admit how much fun they had. It was so informative. The food we got to eat was fantastic. Since the boys were under 21 Pat did a great job accommodating them at the brewery with different flavored sodas. It was a great walk with excellent company. Pat helped make the whole atmosphere very friendly. You left feeling that you knew your group for a year rather than just a day. I would highly recommend this tour to anybody. ---Sofia Rodrigues- Pine bush, ny

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sofia R

Fountain, Colorado, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I loved this tour! Our tour guide, Chuck, was so knowledgeable and so friendly! We visited a wide variety of places and tasted amazing mead, cheese, beer, and so much more! My husband and I tried two of the recommended restaurants that weren't actually part of the tour and we were very pleased! I wish we had had the time to take the other tours offered as well! I strongly encourage you to sign up and taste heaven!

Lakewood, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Culinary Walking Tour and Sips, Smugglers and Speakeasies Tour”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We enjoyed our both of our foodie tours. We were lucky to have Chuck as our guide on both tours. It was a wonderful way to get the feel of the culinary scene in Portland. As we moved from location to location, Chuck gave us historical facts about Portland as well as giving suggestions for restaurants for dining. My wife and I took the tours on our first day in Portland which I would suggest that you do. A couple on the tour wished that they had done the same as they took it on their last day in Portland and would have liked to have sampled some of the restaurants suggested by Chuck. We were able to sample foods that were simple but fresh and delicious. It was a wonderful way to visit Portland.

1 Thank Ed W
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
“Maine Foodie Tours; Desserts First! Culinary Walking Tours”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a wonderful tour of Portland Maine today! Our tour guide Pat was knowledgeable and enthusiastic while showing us all that Portland has to offer. It was like touring the city with a good friend! The places we stopped at had incredible treats to sample. It was a great way to spend an afternoon and an amazing way to learn about this exciting city in coastal Maine. We would highly recommend this tour and if you get Pat as your guide you are doubly blessed! Debbie and Rick Saulnier

Starkville,MS
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice use of 2 hours in downtown”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We enjoyed our foodie tour. I understand that some people felt the food not substantial. For u, we were full when it was over and called it "lunch" but we also ate a big breakfast and it was hot outside. The tour was interesting and we learned a lot about the lobster industry. We also learned a lot about the various restaurants in downtown and the pride that Mainers have in their local ingredients. I would recommend if you are going that you bring a bottle of water along. While you taste many foods, you don't always have a drink to go with it.