“Great food; sketchy service”
Review of Veranda Noodle Bar

Veranda Noodle Bar
Ranked #167 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is about our 10th-12th visit here. The pho (hot rice noodle soup, with options for vegetarian, chicken, or beef add-ins) is delicious; the fried spring rolls are amazing; the vermicelli dishes are super. Basically, we've never had anything disappointing. But the service can be very unpredictable--the waitress takes forever to come over for drinks orders, and then doesn't refill water (big problem with spicy dishes), doesn't bring the check, forgets certain essentials (like the spoon for the soup, or the tea, or the napkins, etc) and is never around when you look for her. But if you can deal with that, this is a very good restaurant; great prices and great food.

There are newer reviews for Veranda Noodle Bar

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our go-to never fail and once again a total yum on the 31st. We all went with 3 different Vermicelli Bowl combinations and so-so good!! Appetizers were those addictive fresh vegetable spring rolls and an order of Crab Rangoon. Attentive service, Fantastic Food, and yes we will continue to come back again and again.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have been meaning to go to Veranda Noodle Bar since it opened a few years ago, and am I glad I finally did. My husband and I had a fantastic meal! Fresh veggies and lots of them, along with hot broth, tender noodles, yummy grilled shrimp. The service was fast and pleasant. The bill was under $40 for the two of us, including an appetizer and beers in addition to our dinners. I will definitely return soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Just a great spot for noodles and stir fry. Wife had curry that was top notch and I had Basel stir fry.. Both with chicken. Generous portions and great jasmine iced tea.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have been to Veranda Noodle Bar many times and always had a great experience. I am a veteran of the V13 bowl. One evening, we took friends and - after ordering drinks and appetizers - we were asked by two different servers within a ten-minute period if we had decided on an entree. We politely said no, we'll order shortly - we have drinks and appetizers. Thirty seconds later, we were asked again by the first server. Finally, we asked why they kept coming over: "Because people are waiting." OK... get it. They want to flip tables in a 30-minute or less period. Kinda puts the damper on a meal that is designed not to wolf down.

2  Thank Django65