“wonderful gem”

NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful gem”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I just had dinner at this darling restaurant. Perfect salad of mixed greens. I had the spinich raviolli and my husband had the lasagna. The sauces were fresh and perfectly seasoned. Even the "no tomato" eater enjoyed the sauce. It's a small place, so make sure you call for a reservation.

Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“Truly Superb Pasta”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

At the outset, I should say that I am a Portlander -- an attorney whose office is not too far from Paciarino's. I should next say that the pasta at Paciarino's is so incredibly good, and the prices so reasonable -- I am a Yankee, after all -- that I have taken to eating here several times each week for a number of months now, to the point that I have very likely had everything on offer a number of times, both on the more limited lunch menu and at dinner, and I have invariably found that friends and colleagues whom I've introduced to the place return on their own thereafter. In fact, having very recently spent five weeks in Rome and Florence, eating the very wonderful foods that those cities have to offer, I had to conclude that the pasta dishes at Paciarino's hold their own with the best tratoria pasta we ate on the trip. One last note: an earlier review on this site said that they have "no alcohol" at Paciarino's. Not so. They have a very fine wine selection. Also, a very welcoming and attentive staff, though, at lunch, as someone noted, you place your order on the way in, not at the table, and your food is then brought to your table. At dinner there is standard table service. (A final, final note: Paciarino's does not have pizza, another of my favorite dishes when really made well, but at Micucci's Grocery, on India Street, you can still get the best Neapolitan thick crusr pizza this side of the Atlantic).

1 Thank thomascrown00
Middleton, WI
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My husband enjoyed this restaurant very much. We started with the assorted bruschetta appetizer which was very good. We also enjoyed the house salad. We shared 2 pasta entrees and both were delicious. The pasta and sauces were so fresh and the wonderful. The ambiance is casual, clean and modern. Paciarino's offers wine - most seem to order by the glass. The prices are definitely good for the quality of the food.

New York City, New York
“Pasta Perfecto”
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Authentic pasta dishes, no frills. Dry pastas are presented with a description of sauces by the waitperson, a little bizarre, but everyone's raviolis and macaronis were clean your plate great, just the right portion. Quality not quantity. Perfecto.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“pasta & salad goodness. best simple pasta place!”
Reviewed February 26, 2010

pasta & salad goodness. best simple pasta place!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook