“A terrific little place on the fringe of the Old Port”
Review of Paciarino

Paciarino
Ranked #91 of 617 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Orrington, Maine
“A terrific little place on the fringe of the Old Port”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My company has an office very close by and I like to pop in for lunch when I'm in the area. Painted with light colors and simply decorated, it's all about the freshness of the food. People who have complained the menu isn't 15 pages long don't get it: they dont offer more than they can make freshly. I always get something different (today it was a shell-shaped pasta with an unbelievable creamy walnut sauce!) and I've never been disappointed, and the staff has always been friendly and helpful. I

Matlock, United Kingdom
“A decent Italian restaurant”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I visited this restaurant while on holiday with family, it was recommended by our hotel receptionist and while not the very best Italian I have eaten it was perfectly acceptable.

The restaurant has a warm atmosphere and the staff are very welcoming, service was prompt and the food delivered was as described.

Salem, Massachusetts
“Real Italian By Nice People”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here several times, always lunch, and every time has been enjoyable. On the most recent trip, she had the goat cheese ravioli and I had the penne arrabiata, which had just the right amount of heat and was delicious. Everything here is fresh, and the waitresses, generally Italian, all know what they're serving, and are proud of it. We will be back!

maine
“Hometown good.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went here for a birthday dinner and it did not disappoint. While the menu is limited to pasta dishes, these are very good. In our party, we had the lasagna, goat cheese ravioli and the spinach ravioli. All the pasta were cooked perfectly al dente. The service was friendly and low key, not rushed. While the food doesn't come right out and smack you with it's flavor (not much that's unusual or exotic), it is solidly good Italian food that reminds me of the Italian neighborhood I grew up in. I can't wait to go back again.

• Visited July 2013
Danvers, Massachusetts
“Very Limited Italian”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

well, I won't say the food was bad, but basically your choices were three types of ravioli, one lasagna that didn't have cheese in it, a fussilli dish that I may have tried but they had tuna in it and you couldn't delete it. So I went for the special, shrimp and haddock over flat pasta. The seafoord was chopped so much it reminded me of minced garlic. Not a ton of flavor in that dish. My wife had normal cheese ravioli. The pasta component was good, fresh homemade, but the cheese filling was undistinguishable from frozen Mama Rosa's or any other brand of frozen ravioli. No meat dishes other than a bolognase sauce/gravey.
My son had the spinich ravioli, again..it was just ok. No veal, no meatballs or sausage. Extrememly simple menu. Many other Italian resturants I would try before going back. Not bad, just a limited variety.

2 Thank CleticsFan