“Loved the atmosphere, but the pasta was just okay”
Review of Paciarino

Paciarino
Ranked #81 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed September 1, 2012

After reading all of the positive reviews about this restaurant, I was excited to go there for lunch. On the positive side, the restaurant is really pretty, cosy and my server was friendly and attentive.
I ordered the organic Italian salad and tagliatelle bolognese. The salad was delicious, fresh, crisp greens dressed with the perfect amount of vinaigrette, really quite good. I only wish my entree matched the perfection of my salad.
Let me preface this by saying I have been to Italy several times and also make my own pasta and bolognese sauce. Almost every time I go to an Italian restaurant, I try to sample their bolognese because good bolognese is a favorite of mine. Sadly, neither the pasta nor the bolognese was memorable. The pasta had a strange taste that I really can't describe, it just tasted off somehow. The noodles were thin like I like them, but the taste just wasn't there. The bolognese was not good at all, there was very little flavor, and it didn't taste like a traditional bolognese at all. Perhaps the other dishes here are good - they have ravioli and other types of pasta, I would probably go there again, but try something else.

1  Thank Lynn B

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Pasta pasta and more pasta. Don't go I you don't like pasta! That is all there is but what they have is amazingly good. All homemade , so light and the sauces are delightful. Portions are generous and service was quick. Small wine list but drinkable.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Hard to find a better bowl of pasta. Simple, authentic (as in authentic Italian) preparations. Warm, convivial setting.

Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Everthing is wonderfully fresh here. The pastas are delicious. Highly recommend you stop by. It is small so call ahead to reserve your table!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We had heard of Paciarino's from acquaintances who raved about the flavors and fresh pasta. They were dead on. The dining room is simply furnished, wooden tables and chairs, the menu was small for an Italian restaurant but the quality was outstanding. The olive/cheese plate was varied and interesting.. Out entrees were surprise! More about quality than quantity. Too many restaurants seem to have a mantra of overloading your plate to make up for flavor/quality. Also impressive were the prices, entrees were all under $20 so they prove exceptional quality doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. Definitely worth the visit and we intend to dine there again.. Be sure to make a reservation to be sure of a seat.