“A visit to Portland, Italy”
Review of Paciarino - CLOSED

Paciarino
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This small, friendly pasta restaurant, located centrally in Portland, Maine, was a wonderful find. The staff was highly accommodating, the setting was beautiful, and the food was exquisite. We had, among us, two appetizers and four pasta dishes, and while each was excellent, the clear winner was a special being offered that evening - a lobster pasta. It was made with a delicate sauce, plentiful lobster cut into small pieces, and served over a thin, homemade pasta. This dish rivaled or surpassed any pasta dish we have had on half a dozen trips to Italy.

While the food was not inexpensive, the wonderful service, setting, and taste made the meal well worth while.

1  Thank justjobe

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We had a tremendous experience in this restaurant. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. We'd been told the pasta was made fresh on the premises, which kind of set the restaurant up to fall, but we weren't disappointed at all. We just managed to get a table for the two of us - reservations are recommended - and it was so good, we booked for another day, before leaving the premises! What more can we say!

Date of visit: August 2011
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We have been across the US in search of the best Italian food. Who knew we would find it in Portland, Maine! We loved everything, but definately recommend the lasagna. The waitress was a delight and the atmosphere was fun. We loved it!! Voted our favorite restaurant.

1  Thank mjdtg
Reviewed July 13, 2011

From the outside Paciarino looks like a tiny grocery store. While I would not say this is a huge restaurant, it's definitely bigger than it looks from the outside and quite charming. I really thought I'd be eating next to rows of tomato sauce when some colleagues invited us there. I was very wrong.

My Ravioli di Pesce al Pomodoro was delicious, but it was only half as good as my colleague's butter and sage pasta with, if I recall, butternut squash ravioli. That was the special on that night, and it was out-of-this-world delicious. Our appetizers, wine, and dessert were top-notch, and so was the service.

I've not had a chance to go back, but I've sent four sets of friends there. They had experiences similar to mine.

Date of visit: February 2011
1  Thank Citizen_of_Amherst
Reviewed July 11, 2011

While the menu is limited to pasta, the pasta is fantastic! Small restaurant with only 10 tables, and everything was really tasty. The salads are really big, big enough to share, really, but the pasta dishes are just the right size. Really fresh, really flavorful.