“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Portland
Leominster, MA
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn Portland, ME on the weekend of March 10th. The rooms were very spacious and having the full kitchen area was a definite plus. The pool and fitness room were also a very nice touch to have for me to relax and get a good workout in. The staff was very accomodating and friendly and were very helpful when I had questions about what to do in town and where to eat. There was a sports group staying here during this time and they were very loud and disrupting. The staff did what they could to try and leviate the situation and I was happy about that. Overall this is an excellent hotel and in a good location and the staff made it a wonderful experience. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone that asked me where to stay in Portland, ME.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last weekend with my daughter and granddaughter. It was wonderful. Clean with a great location and super-friendly employees. The staff seemed to love my beautiful granddaughter as much as I do! The only trouble was a large group of unruly kids. They were loud and obnoxious and their parents didn't seem to care what they did. One of the kids even took a bite of food from the breakfast buffet and threw it back into the buffet pan! Disgusting! Thank goodness an employee saw it and removed the tray right away.
Despite that kids were playing hockey in the hallway while the parents we watching them with full cocktails in their hands...I would still recommend this lovely place! The employees did an awesome job in keeping everyone happy!!

Room Tip: Any room would be amazing!
Naples, Maine
Reviewed March 14, 2012

My husband and I had the opportunity to stay here recently. The hotel was better than expected. The hotel staff were wonderful and went out of the way to accomodate us. They even had a van to take us to area restaurants and pick us up when finished. That was very helpful since it was a rainy day. The rooms were clean, large and well designed. The breakfast was great and the staff were very cheerful. The pool and excerise area were great, and since we had children, was a wonderfull way to entertain them. The hotel was about a block from the Old Port; short enough to walk and long enough to enjoy the quiet.

Overall, the staff were professional and personable. This Residence Inn was the best that we had experienced and definitely the best in Portland. I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank Jane F
South Portland, Maine
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I spent 1 night at this hotel recently while on a business trip. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful - giving me several recommendations for dinner that night. The restaurant where I had dinner had been described perfectly by the woman at the front desk. They even have a shuttle service that will take you to dinner and pick you up when you are finished eating! The room was immaculate. The bed was as comfortable as any I have ever slept on. Breakfast in the morning was very good. There were plenty of choices from scrambled eggs to oatmeal to waffles served by several very friendly and attentive ladies. I will certainly stay at this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: There were no water views available during my stay, but my room with a courtyard view was very quiet...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank NeverLostWanderer
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend with my wife. Hotel was new, very clean, and the rooms were modern compared to other residence inns I have stayed at. We had friends who stayed at the portland harbor hotel and while their rooms were nice, their hotel felt like a retirement home. Found my place to stay the next time I'm in portland. The only thing I could pick on is that they are about 4 blocks off the beaten path. We had a great weather weekend so we enjoyed the walking.

Room Tip: Ask for water view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JLubas
Boston
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This particular Residence Inn was not only the best Residence Inn I have ever stayed at, but it is by far the best Hotel in Portland. The views were outstanding, and the hotel is brand new and extremely clean. My wife and I stayed last weekend and found the staff to be incredibly helpful. We were on a floor with an unruly group of parents and kids from a youth hockey team. We called down to complain about the noise and they sent someone right up to help. After multiple requests by the staff for the parents not to drink alcohol in the hall and allow their children to play hockey in the hall, we witnessed them being abusive to the staff, and an all around classless bunch. It was pretty obvious these were the type of people who were not accustomed to staying at a higher end hotel. Fortunately for us, they were escorted out of the hotel by police. We thought the staff did an outstanding job in a very difficult situation and should be commended. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SteveB63Boston
Rochester, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My experience at ths hotel was by far the worse I have ever had. The staff was stalking our group the entire weekend. They are not family friendly at all. The staff stalked me and my child just about everywhere I went, from just walking down the hallway to being in the pool swimming. They proceeded to give us dirty looks everywhere we went. When voicing a concern, the staff would give attitude and often use language that was not appropriate. If you are looking for a place for your family to stay, this is not the location!!!!

The roooms are nice and clean. The housekeeping staff was very friendly. Those are the only two good things I can say at this time about this hotel. If there was a change in attitude and staff, then this would be a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay here at all!
4 Thank HockeyMom91205