“Nice Local Place!”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Had a great breakfast here while visiting Portland! Everything is homemade and tastes great!! We sat in the old dining car room. Very nice!!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Authentic diner. I was expecting great diner food. The homemade corned beef has was great! The home fries though were really disappointing. Service sucked. It's not that the diner was understaffed; it's not that it was really busy; the problem is attitude. It was the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday. There was one customer at the counter as I sat at the counter too. There were two waitresses behind the counter that could care less that I was there. Even though I sat right in front of one of them I was not greeted for nearly 5 minutes, no eye contact, no smile, nothing. For 5 minutes she was reading a paper and wouldn't even acknowledge that I was there. Finally I got up to get a menu from the end of the counter and the other waitress finally came over. Again no smile, etc. I felt like it was a bother that they had a customer.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

What is particularly notable is that Miss Portland Diner gets as much of its food, meats, & seafood from local sources. The food is consistently well-prepared, tasty, and reasonably priced. The front half of the diner is the original diner car with the red swivel stools at the counter as well as several wooden booths. They have added an addition to the back of the car which gives the diner considerably more space. It is a comfortable space with good food especially alot of comfort food. Breakfast is served all day, too.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We went here for breakfast when we stayed in Portland. It was perfect. Food was amazing. The homemade hash is definitely worth the visit. Server was friendly and the food came out super fast! Highly recommend!

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been here three times, and I wonder why. The atmosphere is fine and the food ok, but not anything special. But the service today was lousy and the attitude projected was, "you have your food, I don't need to do anything more."