“A great venue” 4 of 5 bubbles

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A great venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have attended many concerts here over the years.. this is the place Elvis was heading to the night he died. I have seen Billy Graham, Garth Brooks, Dolly Parton and many Bill Gaither and his Homecoming family concerts here and honestly, there isn't a bad seat in the house. The consessions are over priced but that's not unusual in these places. What matters is the music and that's what I was able to enjoy. I have made a lot of good memories here. Parking is always a problem unless you don't mind a walk from one of several parking garages in the area. If you get there early enough, you might even get an on street parking spot. Up for a great night of entertainment? Then watch for your favorites to show up at the Cumberland County Civic Center. And let's not forget those great home shows they host there from time to time.

Maine
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Cleanest Civic Center I have ever Seen”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Went here recently for a Cirque du Solei show, Saltimbanco, and must say the building was remarkable for the age of it. Personnel were helpful with all issues. Restrooms well kept for so many visitors. Parking garage right next door. I certainly would return for a show or event.

Visited October 2012
Hollis
“Concerts venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Cant wait to see the renovations they have planed for this building. It has always hosted great events.... I hope the better it.

Visited December 2011
Westbrook, Maine
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Parking garage charges for unreasonable wait time to exit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I went to see Stars on Ice at the Civic Center and chose to park in the adjacent garage. I clocked in at 7:02 for the event which was scheduled to start at 7:30. It was also raining lightly, so I thought the attached garage would avoid the cold and wet. Because I was paying by credit card instead of $5 cash upon entering, I was given a ticket with an hourly charge of $1.25 which should have come out less than the flat $5 upon exiting.

Unfortunately, I ended up on the top, open deck. An elevator took me to ground level which involved going outside anyway, and then entering the building. So, ok. When the event was over around 9:35, I waited in line for the small elevator to the top deck. I got in my car at 9:49. For the next 12 minutes, all the cars on the top deck sat at a dead standstill. People got out of their cars walking around, smoking, etc. Finally we slowly started moving. I got to the toll booth at 10:09--20 MINUTES just to get out! I was already angry at having sat for 12 minutes immobile. Now instead of being charged for 3 hours ($3.75) I was charged an extra $1.25 because of the 20 minutes to get out of the building ($5). So apparently the $5 flat rate charged by the city of Portland automatically includes the waiting time it takes to get out of the parking garage. Next time I'll go to one of the small parking lots in the neighborhood that charge $5 and have no exit waiting time.

Visited March 2012
Stratham, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Portland Pirates Game”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

Family Fun- prizes etc. Inexpensive arena food and beers (in comparison to Fenway at least)!!!

Visited December 2011