“Authentic Thai”

Ranked #124 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 7 Days a WeekVegetarian - Gluten free - Kids menus availableFacebook: Thai-Taste-MaineEst. 2007
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a fellow we met when kayaking with +Portland Paddle who lived in NYC and said Pom's is his all time favorite for Thai. We were not disappointed. Excellent noodle soups, crispy pad thai, and noodles with chicken.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband & I dined at Thai Taste on Cottage Ave. - a relative of Pom's. We were satisfied but rather disappointed. Although my entree (ginger fish) had actual ginger in the dish, we could not taste actual ginger in our house salad dressing or in my ginger ice cream for dessert. My husband felt he had had superior pineapple fried rice elsewhere & I had had far superior ginger fish in another restaurant. My ginger fish was too masked by the overabundance of soy sauce. Although the veggies, etc. were quite fresh, we were disappointed (overall) in all our dishes. Will we return? Probably not. However the service was excellent.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were in the area and were experiencing growing frustration by how many options were closed on a Sunday afternoon (on Memorial Day weekend, no less). We were happy to stumble upon Pom's, and its great TripAdvisor reviews. We shared scallion pancakes which were great. My Thai Iced Tea was good as well. For my entree, I had pineapple fried rice which was very good. My wife enjoyed her dish as well. Prices are good, service is friendly. Recommended

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had dinner at Pom's on Wednesday, May 15th. We arrived about 6:30 and found the restaurant with a modern decor. The staff was very friendly. We ordered scallion pancakes for an appetizer and shrimp pad Thai for dinner with iced sweet Thai tea. The pancakes were a new item for us to try and we enjoyed them very much; the pancakes were crispy, the sauce was not salty and had a bit of a sweet taste. The pad Thai was very good and the tea was one of the best we've had, not overly sweet. Would definitely go back again and recommend it.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Pom is a very good Thai restaurant on Congress Street and convenient for lunch or dinner. I had a very tasty lunch there. Unlike most Thai places,they try to incorporate local Maine seafood into their daily menu. I had a delicious Thai "scampi". My dining partner tried one of the Vietnamese noodle soups and thought it was outstanding. Pom is priced fairly and the servings are large.The service was quick, friendly, and efficient. It is definitely worth a visit.