Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from The Real Portland Tour tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Portland
from $27.00
from $31.00
from $27.00
from $19.99
More Info
All reviews comfortable van fun facts passenger van photo ops great sense of humor take pictures wealth of information cruise ship rainy day great guide donuts derek puns rap overview highlights operator
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2019

5 star tour of Portland. Owner is is extremely informative and witty. We have been on other tours but this one showed us another side of Portland.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Realportlandtour, Owner at The Real Portland Tour, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

Thanks for the 5 star review! I enjoy giving a tour that shows another side of Portland, and I'm glad you appreciated that! Also happy to hear you found my tour informative and witty! I take pride in giving a great tour of my hometown, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time to write a review, I really appreciate it!

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

I can’t say enough about this tour! Fun, fascinating, informative, friendly. So many little details about Portland you would never otherwise learn. My teenager got off the bus saying “I want to live in Portland!” HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Date of experience: April 2019
Realportlandtour, Owner at The Real Portland Tour, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Thanks so much for the fantastic review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the tour so much, and that your teenager was enthusiastic about my hometown of Portland! It is indeed a great place to live! Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and hopefully we'll see you again!

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

This was a fun tour of the city that hit all the highlights and taught me a lot about the dynamic history of Portland. The guide was funny, extremely knowledgeable, and clearly loves everything about his hometown.

Date of experience: April 2019

Glad to hear you enjoyed the tour and found it funny and informative! I am indeed proud of my hometown and its dynamic history! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, I really appreciate it! Hope to see you again in Portland!

Reviewed April 17, 2019

I live in Portland but have only been here two years, so my husband thought it would be fun to do a tour and learn more about our city. We had such a fun time on this 1.5 hour tour that included Portland, South Portland (a separate city), and Cape Elizabeth. The tour guide and owner of the business is hilarious and friendly. We got some great photos of the Portland Head Light lighthouse, and saw some really neat old war bunkers. We also learned about all the things that originated in Maine - who knew? I highly recommend this tour as a fun historical overview of the area.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Realportlandtour, Owner at The Real Portland Tour, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Thanks so much for the awesome review! I take pride in giving a detailed history and overview of my hometown, which is great for both first time visitors and also locals that live here but are interested in learning more about Portland. I'm glad to hear you found the tour funny, interesting, and fun, and were able to get some great photos! A lot of interesting stuff originated in Portland and the state of Maine, and I'm happy to hear you learned many new things. Thanks again!

Reviewed April 17, 2019

It was a great piece of entertainment, interesting and complementary of Portland. We enjoyed the humour, factual dialogue and the relaxed nature of the compact tour of the inner soul and the main centre of the State of Maine. Thanks so much for your warmth at a time that for us, was freezing. Arohanui some Kiwis

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

I'm glad to hear you found my tour interesting and entertaining! I take pride in giving an entertaining, historical tour of my hometown that is humorous and informative. I'm happy to hear it warmed you up on a chilly day! Hope to see you in Maine again sometime! Thanks for taking the time to write a review, I really appreciate it!