“A Gem in the Heart of the Old Port”
Review of Fit to Eat - CLOSED

Fit to Eat
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Best sandwich in a long time! Bread made fresh on site. I highly recommend this place. A precious view from my table through layers of the Old Port right down to the water. And the staff couldn't have been friendlier. A gem of a place I found by accident when really hungry.

2  Thank cynergy207

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Read the daily question and find the answer before you order for $1 off. Don't have the time, don't bother, the salads and sandwiches are worth full price! Very tasty and fresh. Be patient, lunch can be busy but they're good at multitasking and it won't be a long wait. Ask for Gluten Free options if you would like; great stuff.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Good food and great service! The sandwich I had was excellent nice to have real turkey. The service was excellent and that were able to accommodate my niece who has a peanut allergy !

Reviewed July 15, 2013

After our first destination was closed, we thought we would try Fit to Eat. There were many choices of great sandwiches. It was a little pricy, but well worth it!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stopped in for a quick lunch with my boyfriend on a weekend trip to Portland and this place was a bit of an unpolished hidden gem. All of the sandwiches are listed on chalkboards above the register. I selected The Portobello (Mushrooms, cheddar, artichokes, horseradish, etc.) and he chose Old Port (Roast Beef, Wasabi Mayo, Avocado, etc.) I forget the name of the bread I got it on but it was covered in salt and delicious, as were both of our sandwiches.

The guy behind the counter was really chill and had a good music selection going. A few of his buddies stopped in to loiter while we were there, which was actually entertaining given that it was an extremely slow winter day.

On the walls they display local art that is for sell. I wasn't a fan of the featured artists stuff, but hey, it's art!

Overall great meal for lunch. Selection was limited to sandwiches, hotdogs and chips, but when they make them great there's no need for a 10-page menu.