“Disgusting ! not recommended”

Portland Travelodge
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Portland
“Disgusting ! not recommended”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

First off, entering the hotel, we were greeted by a man, whos looks remind you of a horror movie! Next, during our check in, he answered the phone in mid conversation, proceeding to check us in while still on the phone!! Rude, to say the least! entering our room, it was very cold, no heat was on. We ended up leaving until the room warmed up. we got the room we ordered online, but it was disgusting! There was what appeared blood splatter on ceiling, the heating unit was so full of dust (inches). there was no clean part of the room. bed was soooo hard. The curtains didnt shut and anyone walking by can see straight in. Never will i stay or recommend travelodge again!!!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
South Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My company isn't rich and seldom pays for overnight travel. But I felt there were compelling reasons that I needed to spend a few nights in Portland in late January 2013. I chose Travelodge, frankly, because it was the least expensive lodging I could find in Portland at that time, and its reviews were OK.
It was essentially an ideal choice. The bed was firm and comfortable, the WiFi worked, the heater warmed the room so fast that there was no need to waste energy by leaving it on when I was out. The water was warm, the sheets and towels were clean. There was also a safe in the room that was big enough for my laptop, a feature I don't think had even been advertised when I picked the room.
Right next door is a Denny's, which is essentially the restaurant equivalent of Travelodge. The food is very good and the prices are great!
Travelodge wasn't perfect, of course. The first few days I was there, I had to slam my room's door to get it to lock behind me, though that was fixed by the time I left without my having to ask. The door to my room's bathroom didn't close, which didn't matter to me because I was alone. There were also a few minor cosmetic things that weren't perfect, starting with the motel sign that was only half lit.
Bottom line: If you're trying to impress someone, Travelodge isn't for you. If you're a working person trying to travel as economically as possible, it probably doesn't get much better than this.

Room Tip: My room was considered business class but was available at the lowest rate offered,
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pennfield
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were looking for something inexpensive and last minute, so it was sufficient. We weren't in our room for long but the hotel does need attention. Bathtub was cracked and peeling. Sink had no water pressure at all, barely a dribble. I mentioned it when we checked out. Breakfast was cereal/bagels/donuts/coffee/juice/apples.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge