La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland
Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port(Portland)(Great Value!)
$144
$136
  • Room Service
Portland Regency Hotel & Spa(Portland)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Restaurant
Ramada Plaza Portland(Portland)(Great Value!)
$85
$159
  • Pool
Portland Harbor Hotel(Portland)(Great Value!)
$142
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Waterfront(Portland)(Great Value!)
$111
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay(Portland)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Pool
$157
$143
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Portland Harborview(Portland)(Great Value!)
$127
$119
  • Room Service
$153
$139
Hotwire.com
All reviewssea dogshadlock fieldwaffle makerroom was cleanbaseball stadiumyogurthard boiled eggsthe breakfast areaclose to downtownfree breakfastmaine medical centerold portshort drivewould stay againshuttle servicehoodmicrowave
FilterAll languages
A La Quinta traveler
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 25, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We booked a room for 3 (friends traveling together) and we double-checked with the hotel beforehand that the room could accommodate 3 people, which was confirmed. The room turned out to have two small beds only. The hotel staff said that they don't have triple rooms and they couldn't put an extra bed or mattress in the room because of "fire hazard". When I asked if we at least could get an extra pair of bed sheets and a comforter so we wouldn't have to share that, they gave us a bed sheet but no comforter.
When I called again and asked for a comforter they said it's against the company policy to give an extra comforter and that I might try to steal it (why would I want to steal it??). I said I could pay a deposit so they would be sure I wouldn't steal the comforter but she got upset and screamed "I'm not gonna risk losing my job over this!" and hung up on me.

Worst service I've ever experienced!

The room smelled very weird. The breakfast was pretty miserable, with only foamy disposable plates and cups and plastic forks.

I will never stay there again, no matter how cheap it is.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Naples, Maine
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We decided on this hotel due to its closeness to the local hospital a family member was staying in. They were wonderful in giving us the preferred rate for this reason for a nice room with a King sized bed. It was close to my fiancé's work and local shops and eating establishments. There was also local taxi service as well as a shuttle I discovered you could take to get to the hospitals nearby. Only glitch was a party central room we ended up having to listen to into the wee hours past 2 am next door on Friday night! When we went down to complain there was Noone at the front desk! No sign of security either to go to as a second resort. Other than that our stay was really nice and we would definetly stay there again vs. the Ramada in Lewiston which tends to be overpriced and has a $200 hold on your non-smoking room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Nice hotel in Downtown Portland, walk to most places. Very friendly staff and clean room. The train does run behind the hotel a couple times a night but for the location I could over look that slight issue. Free morning breakfast. Best hotel in downtown for the price.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2014

When we first walked into the lobby we could see the "no smoking" signs and smell the overwhelming scent of cigarettes. Our rooms were on the fourth floor and the odor of cigarettes was also overwhelming there. There was a dirty cloth or towel in a drawer in my brother's room. Between the dirty towel and the odor I felt as though the room was very dirty which made me not want to sleep there, however, the others I was with insisted we stay as we were only "sleeping" at the hotel. I agreed but I did not sleep, we had shut off the air conditioner/heat in our room but it kicked on at least once an hour with a big bang which woke me up throughout the night. I wish I had not listened to the people I was traveling with, I will never stay at this hotel again even if it a free stay.

Room Tip: just go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends