“I love La Quinta, Portland, Maine” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland

La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Portland
Searsport, Maine, USA
“I love La Quinta, Portland, Maine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have stayed with them twice in the past few months. They have the nicest , cleanest , comfortable rooms, of any hotel I have stayed in over the past years. The staff are polite, friendly, professional, and very accommodating. My room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, the television was large, new, and had a great picture. The shower had great pressure, and plenty of hot water. Oh, and the free continental breakfast has great variety. Coffee pot in room was a plus! Didn't try the pool or gym due to weather and time constraints, but intend to on my next stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Maine, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Usually 4 stars but this time, only 3 stars and here's why: Our TV remote would not work as we surfed the channels, and it got stuck on the Toddlers and Tiaras channel, then it would not turn off. After 20 min. of fiddling with it, we called the front desk. The woman said she'd come look at it. It was late and we were in our PJs. A man came to our door!! We recognized him so we let him in, but he could not fix the remote. He turned off the TV w/ a button on the back of the set. We usually sleep with the TV set to soothing oceans sounds which helps mask noise and keeps our dog from being up all night and/or barking at noises outside and in the hallway. That was out, too. Further, we had no TV the next morning and so couldn't check weather, roads etc for the next leg of our trip. We also didn't have a microwave; we've always had a microwave in our room when we stay at LQ, and feel they should have notified us beforehand. There apparently were none to be had, and no other rooms to move to, so we had to head to the "dining room" to heat our dog's food. At 7am. There was no soap and no coffee in the room, despite a coffee maker. On the second morning, a lone packet of decaf was left for me, but I was able to get two packets of regular from the front desk. All in all not our typical LQ experience. That being said, there are a couple of young men at the front desk who are beyond fabulous at customer service!!!! Best I've ever encountered, and that includes the Plaza and The Grand Hyatt hotels in NYC!!! Beds are comfortable but both of us always wake with headaches and puffy faces! I otherwise rarely get headaches. Happens every time I stay at LQ. The other 3 times we stayed at LQ, we were satisfied.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank DeborahVMaine
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have no complaints about this hotel. It was reasonably priced, conviently located and clean. We stayed 3 in the room and had plenty of space. Staff were helpful and polite.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank Lisa R
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have stayed @ this location and many others and over all have had a good experience. This Portland maine location is excellent. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff has always been excellent and go out of the way to accomidate. I would recomend this hotel to anyone,and would take any of my friends and family here. the food is excellent and fresh. enjoy your stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

We were in town for a conference and our boss booked us a room at La Quinta. Fortunately, it was within walking distance of the conference and the beds were clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, there was a lot of dust on the microwave in the room, in the corners of the bathroom, and there was some chocolate or something stuck to the top of the desk. It was okay for a business trip, where we did not spend much time in the room. I would not go back and stay there if I were on a trip with family.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lisa F
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Rare combination, nice size room, comfortable leather recliner, great king size bed, accessible electric outlets, flat screen tv, consistent internet connection, and a pretty nice breakfast spread at reason price. As this is the 17th week I have spent on the road in 2012 - I can pretty comfortably saying this one is nice enough that it was worthwhile to recognize their effort, and I definitely would stay here again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank T_and_M_travels2011
Bath, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We have often stayed at La Quintas, and until now, always had positive experiences. This was the exception. We decided to stay here as we live outside of Portland and had a late evening flight. When we arrived at the airport at 10:10, I called the front desk for pick-up and was informed the shuttle stops running at 10 pm, and I would have to call a cab. We probably would have been satisfied with a sincere "sorry for your inconvenience," but I did not even get so much as this statement when complaining politely over the phone, again at check-in, and later in correspondence with the manager (management here appears to set the tone for the entire staff). In my communications, I suggested management consider extending the shuttle until 10:30 as this is the last major flight of the evening and was ignored (the cab dispatcher at the airport said he thinks their policy is outrageous, and he regularly puts customers in cabs who had expected to take the shuttle). After responding to the automatic survey one receives from LQ after a stay, I had another communication from the manager telling me he regretted his explanation was "not what you'd expected." I would never stay here again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family