“Fried green tomatoes”

Ranked #16 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The menu at Hot Suppa is all made from scratch from quality ingredients; local goods are used whenever possible. Our renowned breakfast and lunch are served seven days a week, so you can get that corned beef hash fix whenever you’re jonesing. Dinner is available five nights a week, featuring our favorite dishes, like fried chicken & a waffle, falafel salad, and Maine oysters on the half shell. We offer a full bar service if you care to relax into the evening with a Porch Swing cocktail, or recover in the morning with a spicy Bloody Mary or cold draft beer.
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

A long wait but worth it. Small place. Food was very good. I had the grilled cheese with tomato soup and a side of fried green tomatoes. The later one were delicious.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My DH and I recently had an early Saturday lunch at Hot Suppa. I'm quite certain they continue serving breakfast until 2 pm. The daily twist on an Eggs Benedict looked tasty.

My Fried Green Tomato BLT with Spinach/Garlic side was yummy. I did sort of miss the red tomato though. Both types of tomato would be good. My DH had the Cuban Sandwich with Fresh-Cut Fries. We sampled each others food. All were Delish!!!! The menu is very eclectic.

It's a cozy place with limited seating inside. Also, a patio (shaded?) on the side. We waited about 15 mins. but others after us were being told 45 mins. It was worth the wait.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our breakfast research led us here and we we were definitely not disappointed. Very cute place. Loved the menu. Food was wonderful ... Egg Benedict, hash, Bloody Mary's and mimosas. Place is not big. You may have to wait but totally worth it,

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Decided to go out to eat before running errands and this was the spot we picked. We waited a little bit since it is a small place but it was so good. I tried their bloody Mary which was very good and spicy. For brunch I got eggs benedict and it was delicious. The corn bread I got on the side a little burnt but it still tasted good. My boyfriend got one of their specials and he was in heaven! Little hole in the wall places are what we go for and this is one of them! Delicious!

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

FOOD - Excellent food, creative dishes that really work. We had the best corned beef hash of our lives and the grits were yummy. My son ordered the traditional Eggs Benedict and they were delicious. Plethora of drink options, we enjoyed the iced coffee, & Ghiradelli chocolate milk.
SERVICE - The wait for Sunday brunch is typically long. It was made longer by the hostess who exaggerated our wait time, when we returned within our window she had already called us and had bumped us down to the bottom of the list. Fortunately the food and great service by our waiter made up for the 1 hour wait time.