“Delicious Happy Hour fare led to dinner!”
Review of Hot Suppa

Hot Suppa
Ranked #16 of 642 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The menu at Hot Suppa is all made from scratch from quality ingredients; local goods are used whenever possible. Our renowned breakfast and lunch are served seven days a week, so you can get that corned beef hash fix whenever you’re jonesing. Dinner is available five nights a week, featuring our favorite dishes, like fried chicken & a waffle, falafel salad, and Maine oysters on the half shell. We offer a full bar service if you care to relax into the evening with a Porch Swing cocktail, or recover in the morning with a spicy Bloody Mary or cold draft beer.
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Met friends for happy hour. Special prices on all drinks and starters. We had oysters on the half shell, NOLA shrimp and the Calamari appetizers. The oysters were a bit small but our lovely and attentive waitress brought an extra oyster, which was appreciated. The calamari was outstanding-lightly breaded and served with a pesto dip and fresh green salad. The shrimp were served with a remoulade sauce. Food was so good we stayed for dinner. The Mac and cheese with pulled pork was tasty and the portion was generous. My friend couldn't stop raving about the fried chicken with a side of sweet potatoes. Now I get the hot Suppa hype!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

So I had heard the hype around this place, and I have to say I was not impressed. I thought that it was a good lunch, and we tried both breakfast and lunch items, but the price was way too much. You don't have atmosphere there or location, which is fine, but for the price they charge, you would expect more size or quality or something. Again, it was good and enjoyable food, with some unique options, but a bare-bones type place, to charge 10-11 dollars for a basic breakfast meal, that is way too much. I think I would maybe go back, but with so many other great options in town, it is hard to justify that price beyond that. I know they have a big local clientele who speak here and show their support, but if you are coming from out of town or don't live locally, there are much better breakfasts with better views, the same amount of quality, and more reasonable prices.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We went early (8 am) to make sure we got a seat. We love this place! It's a warm, friendly atmosphere with gorgeous local artwork on the walls of Portland's lighthouses & cobblestone streets & buildings.
The fried green tomato eggs Benedict is SO good! It melts in your mouth. It comes with grits (buttery & delicious) or hash browns (fresh & good--my husband had those). My husband had a waffle & loved it. They serve the meals with pieces of fresh fruit on the side, which is also delicious. We go here every time we come to Portland.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

i've lived outside of portland for nearly 18 years and have heard of Hot Suppa for a while but frankly I thought it was a take out place-one of these DINK places where you could get gourmet to go; we met there for my youngest son's birthday because we wanted to have him experience poutine, which seems to be getting a lot of press these days.
There isn't much I can say. It is very deserving of its reputation. I had gumbo, my wife had beet salad, kids had hot fried chicken, poutines, very good small - 6? - microbrew selection, fermented tea, good desserts, quirky and fun, excellent pleasant service. Only "negative" is that we were 7 people and it didn't look like they had the capability for any large groups at all. other than that, excellent American/New Orleans style food. Definitely will return.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Excellent food, for Saturday lunch there was a 45 min wait (says something about the food) was high reasonable prices. Would definitely go there again