“Unique Twist”

Ranked #16 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The menu at Hot Suppa is all made from scratch from quality ingredients; local goods are used whenever possible. Our renowned breakfast and lunch are served seven days a week, so you can get that corned beef hash fix whenever you’re jonesing. Dinner is available five nights a week, featuring our favorite dishes, like fried chicken & a waffle, falafel salad, and Maine oysters on the half shell. We offer a full bar service if you care to relax into the evening with a Porch Swing cocktail, or recover in the morning with a spicy Bloody Mary or cold draft beer.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stopped at Hot Suppa for breakfast and were delighted by the unique, eye engaging art that peppers the walls with dramatic color on various sizes of stretched canvases of Maine scenes. The menu had a good selection of standard breakfast menu items that had just enough twist to make you want to try them all. My companion had the corn beef hash with eggs that this finicky foodie declared well worth the price. I had the homemade granola with maple yogurt...also delicious. The menu is a bit pricey. We dropped $26 for 2 breakfasts which may be market pricing in Portland (we had just come from a week in Belfast). We loved the ambiance, service and food and already are talking about bringing family with us next time we have breakfast in Portland.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We loved the breakfast here so much that we returned a second morning. Service was excellent.

I got the 3-egg breakfast with cheddar cheese and bacon, marble rye toast and hash browns. The eggs were fluffy and moist, the tasty bread is from a local bakery, and the hash browns were nicely browned. Very filling.

I am a fan of 'scratch-made' hash - just plain old onions, ham and potatoes - but this had carrots so I didn't order it. My husband did, so I got to taste it. I prefer basic hash and this had some additional spices that didn't appeal to me.

I would go elsewhere for coffee. My husband's decaf tasted good; my caffeinated version might as well have been hot water for all the flavor that was missing.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The food was top notch the wine divine and the atmosphere was chill .. We had a cheese ray and Salad and everything was wonderful if you are in the area check it out you will not be disappointed

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We ate lunch today at Hot Suppa based largely on the recommendations in Trip Advisor. The wait at 1:00 pm was only 10-15 minutes. We were greeted promptly and the service was friendly and very good. Our order was taken quickly and the food arrived piping hot and in a reasonable time.

I ordered corned beef hash with poached eggs which at $11.95 was a bit costly. Portion size was large and tasty but the beef was fatty. Grits were good and the poached eggs were done correctly. Toast had much too much butter.

My wife ordered a BLT with fried green tomatoes. While it tasted good the amount of mayonnaise was so overwhelming that my wife gave up trying to scrape it off and finally just got rid of the lettuce and bread.

Will we return? Maybe, but we will be careful with instructions about butter and mayonnaise.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

What a great place for breakfast. I loved the fact they had more options than you typical breakfast menu. I had a Mediterranean omelette that was fantastic. Good coffee too!