“Wonderful”

Standard Baking Co.
Ranked #1 of 28 Bakeries in Portland
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Artisanal, European breads and pastries for takeaway. Slow-fermented, hand-crafted breads and classic pastries with a local twist, carefully prepared by our small crew of skilled bakers. Breakfast pastries, cookies, traditional baguettes, naturally-leavened organic breads made with local grains, seasonal and daily specials. We also provide limited seating outdoors seasonally.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

After reading about The Standard Baking Co. on tripadvisor, I decided to check it out. It ended up being right beside my hotel which was great. The muffin I bought was mouth-wateringly good. This will be on my list of places to go when I go back to Portland.

Get there early. Their food goes fast.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

It's very obvious, regardless of what you try, that everything here is made fresh and well. There is not a thing they offer that I would discourage someone from trying. Five stars all-around.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had a chocolate croissant which was almost devoid of chocolate and a ham and cheese croissant which was also very sparsely filled. Served ice cold and unappetizing. Not worth the trip.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We cap every trip to Portland with a visit to Standard Baking Co. Usually a morning bun or lemon tart, coffee to go, and a few loaves of bread. I love this place. I admire their hand shaped loaves, stacked up in baskets or lined up on wire shelves next to the oven. The bread is delicious, rugged, and real.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Every trip to Portland included a stop at Standard. I've tried quite a few things, but for me, the single best item they have is the Ham & Cheese Croissant. Rich, buttery, flaky perfection. Don't get me wrong, everything else I've tried has been outstanding-the almond croissant, the morning bun, rugelach-too many to mention. I've never once been disappointed. The staff is great, too!

1  Thank nbla