“Delicious!”

Standard Baking Co.
Ranked #1 of 29 Bakeries in Portland
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Artisanal, European breads and pastries for takeaway. Slow-fermented, hand-crafted breads and classic pastries with a local twist, carefully prepared by our small crew of skilled bakers. Breakfast pastries, cookies, traditional baguettes, naturally-leavened organic breads made with local grains, seasonal and daily specials. We also provide limited seating outdoors seasonally.
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

The blueberry scones are fantastic! My family and I enjoyed stopping here while on vacation. Everyone enjoyed either their brownies, scones or muffins.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We didn't feel like a sit down breakfast so we walked from hotel next door to this bakery. The smells were wonderful. We ordered croissants and a fruit basket, which was an apple crisp except it was made with peaches that morning. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and were all moving at a fast place but took time to describe each item we asked about.
We brought it back to hotel and enjoyed it with the free coffee offered by the hotel.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Right across the street from the ferry. We stopped by before taking the ferry. I had the chocolate croissant and the pecan cinnamon roll. I thought they both were very good. The chocolate croissant would have been excellent if it was warmed up and the chocolate was actually melted. My sister and stepmom thought the cinnamon roll (or sticky bun) was a little on the tough side, but I thought it was very good. Apparently, they offer different items on different days. Parking was a little weird, or maybe we were just parked where we weren't supposed to be, but it was two per space- one in front of the other. But the bakery is definitely worth a visit! Wished we would have stopped in more than once so we could have tried more of the goodies! Next time!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Everything is good at the bakery. It's the best bakery in downtown Portland. Everything looked so good, we had a difficult choice to make. We solved the problem by buying several cookies and ate them on our walk along the waterfront. If you have a sweet tooth, this is the place to visit

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I could see the bakeshop from my room at the Hilton and I was wondering why the line was always so long. The bread must be good.
When I approached the shop, I could not help my hunger pangs because the smell was just so great.
There was a variety of bread selection. The ham and cheese croissant was really good and there was a self serve coffee selection by the side.
A good place to grab breakfast.