“Wood-fired pizza is the best”
Review of Bonobo

Bonobo
Ranked #153 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Love the half-price wine and beer on Mondays. The wood-fired pizzas are creative, delicious, and the bigger the party, the more flavors to try. Simple, friendly, tasty and a welcome place to eat any time of the year. What's not to like?

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went here for lunch on a Saturday and just had slices and salad. The choices were pretty interesting (and change regularly). I just did pepperoni and friends did the veggie slices, but the wood firing made all the difference. Our server, Peter, was very helpful and knowledgeable about the Maine brewed beers on tap and I was very pleased with the Baxter IPA he suggested. This is located in very much a residential area, kind of away from the mainstream of town. Worth seeking out for the food and atmosphere AND the fact that they have a good sized PARKING LOT right across the street! Portland parking being what it is - grim - this is a good deal.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Bonobo has wonderful pizzas with rather thin crusts, which I like. The flavors are imaginative and always delicious. I've tried most of them, and the Bonobo (with mushroom) and the Moroccan (with lamb)are my two favorites.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Visiting Portland and want to experience brick oven pizza off the beaten tourist path- Bonobo is it. A very short drive within Portland with free parking, you can enjoy pizzas with delicious twists.
Their Caesar salad is terrific and bank on their wine specials- value and taste by the bottle or glass.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I stopped in here after a long day of activities. We didn't want anything too fancy, and this was exactly the place for that sort of evening. The restaurant itself is nothing fancy - in fact it could probably use a little sprucing up. It comes across more as a bar than as a restaurant. Our waitress was very nice and helped us make a pizza selection from the menu. My husband and I decided to share a Caesar salad and then get one pizza split halfway between two of their offered topping options. The options were pretty unique - we ended up ordering half "Farm" which had pork sausage, grilled onions, and peppers on it, and half "Greek" which had lamb, red peppers, and feta.

The salad was less than amazing. It was literally lettuce with a couple of croutons and a dumping of the parmesan cheese you find in the green canister at the grocery story. I would not recommend it. But the pizza was good. The size was perfect for two people. I would recommend either of the options that we chose.

Unfortunately, it took about 35 minutes to get the pizza, even though there were only two other patrons in the restaurant (it was 8:30 on a Sunday night). The waitress never told us there would be a wait, nor did she apologize for the pizza taking so long. Luckily we weren't starving or else this would have been more of a problem.

Overall, I wouldn't go out of my way to go back to this place, but it wasn't a bad option for a low-key Sunday night dinner.