“Adorable restaurant with excellent food and service”
Review of Miyake

Miyake
Ranked #40 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Japanese, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Cool restaurant with a great menu! Everything we tried was amazing. Inventive, super yummy cocktails. Service was also fantastic!!!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food is barely mediocre, hardly worth visiting. I stopped here because of teh convenient location to shopping. Don't waste your time.

2  Thank Julia J
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

BenKay Japanese restaurant was my original destination, but it closed at 2 for lunch so I went a few blocks down the street to Miyake because u always wanted to try it.
I ordered tuna sashimi and salmon sashimi, as well as the spicy scallop roll and the spicy tuna roll. The sashimi came out first. It was very fresh, but the slices of fish were minuscule. Smallest I have ever seen. The rolls were very good, but extremely pricey. Nice presentation, tasted wonderful, but twice what you would pay anywhere else.
I am glad that I tried this place, but I won't be back. Can't afford it and BenKay on India Row is better.

2  Thank Kentrosi
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We consider ourselves to be sushi aficionados and love checking out sushi restaurants from Seattle to NYC to Honolulu. Given the rave reviews for this place, near our hotel, we were excited to give it a try. Unfortunately, we left hungry, disappointed, and frankly, ripped off at ~$150 for two with just a couple of glasses of wine. The menu items displayed a fussy, strained "creativity", with flavors that were not complementary. I had a hard time finding anything on the menu that I liked, and was bummed that local fish was not featured more prominently. It was also difficult to judge how much food to order. The portion sizes were not clearly described and the server wasn't particularly helpful. The service was mediocre and ill-timed, and all for an exorbitant price. With dozens of dining alternatives truly within a stone's throw, I say go elsewhere!

4  Thank peregrinegirl
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The food is awful.. The portions are riduculous! You order a nigiri salmon, they give you ONE nigiri salmon... The service is terrible and the prices are extreamly high and the tips are automatically added to the bill. We had to continue our meal somewhere else..

5  Thank Stellaromagnoli

Been to Miyake? Share your experiences!