“Chatty and Katty”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Miyake

Miyake
Ranked #80 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chatty and Katty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Food was good but PRICELY for sure. Our issues come with the atmosphere: semi fishy smell upon entering never good in a sushi place, we felt 'on display' with the waitstaff and sushi chefs watching our every bite and occasionally laughing hysterically! Cmon I'm not THAT bad with my chopsticks! Overall i would say this place is just a bit above-average but for the $$$ we expect the best!

1 Thank mstricia988

Antwerp Province, Belgium
“One of the best sushi restaurants anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Even in places like London a restaurant like Miyake would be among the best, so to find this gem in a city of only 60,000 inhabitants is remarkable. I have eaten a few times at Miyake and I have been impressed each time: the lobster rolls in particular are to die for. As Michelin guides say: "worth a detour"

• Visited March 2013
Portland, ME
“Better late than never..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

With visitors in town we decided to finally go to the new location. Food was every bit as good as remembered, the wait staff was excellent and patient. Our guests raved about the sushi, but all the dishes were well prepared and the waitress' suggestion for saki was right on. Will go back again, hopefully sooner than than this return visit.

Visited November 2012
Methuen, Massachusetts
“There's sushi...then there is Miyake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Completely blown away by their sushi. My fiancee and I love sushi and have gone to a number of places from the suburban Boston towns, to Boston, the Merrimack Valley and also last year in Seattle. While I'm not a well-traveled person across the entire country, I feel I've eaten my share of sushi in all of New England and I've never had sushi like I had here.

Miyake came highly recommended from a local business owner (Old Port Wine which is also a MUST stop on your visit to Portland, ME to meet the owners).

The dishes we enjoyed we things I've never seen on a menu. Scallops Three Ways was one special and the Himayaki is an absolute MUST try. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and reservations on the weekend are HIGHLY recommended. We had a 6:30 reservation for 2 and by 7, all tables were filled.

While the tables are close together, i didn't feel that we lacked privacy at all. And the wait staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Your water glass will NEVER be empty either.

• Visited January 2013
Newbury, MA
“Japanese food at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

When in Portland, we always try to eat at Myiake. Here is food with unusual flavors that are a surprise for the palate. Plan to have a relaxed evening as each dish is prepared with care. For some the cost may be a bit high.

Visited January 2013