“Mediocre experiene. Missed details”
Review of Miyake

Miyake
Ranked #75 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Japanese, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Walked in to restaurant for lunch...asked for window table but were seated at uncomfortable bar seats. The table we requested remained open throughout our visit. Ordered from menus (covered with stains. Yuck) and told what I ordered wasn't available til after 5:30 pm. ( So why do they hand that menu out at lunch? ) My husband asked for cup of tea...it's only available by the pot for two. ..
Food was fine but nothing special. Not inexpensive for what it is. Service was pleasant.
Plenty of other places to go in Portland that pay more attention to what works for customers though rather than what works for the owners. Ed won't bother to go back

1  Thank vhintlian

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We found this Japanese with a European savor, was amazing and delicious. We tried a number of dishes and each was exceptional in it's own right. Can't recommend this highly enough, and we may even be willing to drive the 4+ hours just to have dinner here again!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Miyake server Jessica was amazing she was extremely educated on all food and accurate described the taste experience. My husband ordered the 5 course sampler with sake pairing. It did not disappoint. Every course was excellent and cooked to perfection. I ordered the tuna roll and hamakyi. Tuna roll was unique and original with almonds and an awesome spicy mayo sauce with bean sprouts. It was a bit pricey but you get what you pay for and the food was well worth it!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Cleanand artistic presentation of the freshest ingredients make Miyake the ultimate Sushi stop in Maine

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I've been a Portlander since 1974. I have seen our city's foodie culture emerge and then mushroom. There simply is not now and never has been a restaurant in Portland as good as Miyake on Fore St.

It is innovative, dramatic, affordable, delicious, well-served, and just extraordinary. My wife and I just had lunch on a Saturday in early September and found it almost empty. We each had a Daikon salad and I had the Chef's special roll and my wife had the Scallops. Everything was perfect. Perfect temperature, perfect taste, perfect service.

You will read about our many excellent restaurants - Fore St., Hugo's, Emilitsa, 555, Grace, Bar Lola, and so many more - but trust me when I say that Miyake is not to be missed. It is extraordinary. I have tried the rest, and Miyake just blows them away. Go for lunch or go for dinner. But go!