This was our first experience of an American B&B after staying in many at home in the UK.
We were curious to see how the two compared!
After 6 nights in a city hotel in New York what a great change of pace was the Chadwick.
We were greeted by Scott who showed us around this beautiful period property.
Guests have full use of the ground floor lounges and dining room, which are beautiful.
Hot and cold drinks and delicious home made cookies as well as fruit were always available.
Our room was lovely as was our bathroom. Great comfortable bed and plenty of towels etc. Bev loved the balcony.
The location in Portland was great, we loved the town, great friendly people.
Breakfasts were a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds. Absolutely wonderful food.
Erin was a star, really chatty and helpful as well as a great cook.
The Chadwick was a great introduction to USA B&B we hope others can match the standard set here!
We would without doubt recommend The Chadwick to anyone visiting the area.
Thanks Scott and Erin for a great stay, we loved it.
Rog & Bev from sunny England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE CHADWICK BED & BREAKFAST: The New Standard of Bed & Breakfast LuxuryThe perfect Portland getaway, The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast provides thoughtful touches that invite a sense of pampering and romance in unsurpassed comfort and elegance. With endless events and activities offered in the Greater Portland area, you can keep active or spend time relaxing in the comfort of this classically appointed home away from home. Do as little or as much as you like.Whether visiting Maine for a long weekend, vacation, rest and relaxation, honeymoon, anniversary, wedding, or on business, The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast strives to provide a level of personal service that goes above and beyond, leaving you with a rich and memorable experience.Innkeeper & Owner E Scot Fuller, Assistant Innkeeper Adam Alfter, and the rest of The Chadwick Staff take great pride in providing tastefully appointed guest rooms—each with a private bathroom—beautifully landscaped grounds, and a five-star gourmet breakfast each and every morning. We can’t wait to have you experience it for yourself!Within walking distance, you’ll find Portland’s finest galleries, museums, theaters, shops, and restaurants. Guests often use The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast as a base for traveling to other nearby locations such as the Lakes Region of Western Maine, the rugged coastline of Acadia National Park, the sandy beaches of Southern Maine, and the breathtaking White Mountains of New Hampshire.Shoppers and restaurant enthusiasts alike will find whatever they are looking for not only downtown but just a car ride away in Freeport, Kittery, Bar Harbor, and Camden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chadwick Hotel Portland
- The Chadwick Bed And Breakfast
- The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast Portland, Maine