“Fantastic place to stay in wonderful Portland”

The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 12 Portland B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Medford, Massachusetts
“Fantastic place to stay in wonderful Portland”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This place was awesome. These guys did a fantastic job. The food was delicious, the room was nice and cozy and warm, and the house itself was beautiful. We stayed in the Chamberlain, and if you can deal with not having an on-suite bathroom (its right across the hall, not a problem) it is a great room. The location is right near town, perfect for walking when the weather was nice. They recommended some fantastic bars and restaurants for us.

We will definitely be staying here again next time we visit Portland.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed for two nights in November with my wife and parents-in-law.

We had a great weekend staying at the Chadwick.

The Chamberlin was very spacious with nice hardwood floors, The Baxter was very small but very nice and private. We were staying in the winter so did not get to enjoy the small balcony in the Baxter, but imagine it would be nice in the summer. Beds were very comfortable. Bathrooms are private and very clean, but not attached to the room for the Chamberlin or Baxter. One suggestion for the Baxter is to get light blocking shades as there is a parking lot with lights on outside the window at night.

Breakfast both days was wonderful with the staff going out of their way to accommodate us.

Free bottled water and sparkling water throughout the day is available in the fridge. Off street parking spot, Wi-fi are included.TV with DVD player in each room, with large selection of DVDs available.

Located in nice neighborhood, driving distance from downtown in the colder months.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank The_Traveling_Kitten
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Loved it and told everyone I know about my wonderful experience. It was especially fun because I found the place completely unexpectedly through the app hotel tonight. Every detail was perfectly attended to by the innkeeper. Thanks!

• Stayed December 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Even though the weather was quite blustery and blizzardlike, this B&B met us with warmth! Great breakfasts and snacks! Cozy and warm rooms. Close to Portland's shops and restaurants. I would definitely go back to visit again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kennebunk, Maine
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My first visit was this month for pleasure and I felt totally comfortable with the casual yet elegant atmosphere. The rooms are unique and welcoming and I would recommend them for a variety of occasions. My second visit was just a week later and was unfortunately stress related so I was again very happy to stay in such a homey warm environment. Scot serves superb breakfasts, very creative and delicious in a cozy dining room with a fire going. I highly recommend The Chadwick!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful and unique.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Chloepup2011
Reviewed November 27, 2013

A friend and I drove up to Portland on a whim and weren't sure where we would stay. We called around and not only did the Chadwick come recommended by a competitor B&B, but they were also the most affordable option. Plus, they gave us a very reasonable walk-in rate. The room was cozy and adorable, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever experienced. The only thing that got us out of bed was the smell of local coffee, homemade waffles and sausage drifting up from the kitchen downstairs! We will definitely be back. What a treat!

• Stayed November 2013
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed in the Chadwick for a planned one night stay with my boyfriend but ended up spending two nights as we just fell in love with Portland and our B&B. if I were to return I would not go anywhere else but the Chadwick. This is not an old fashioned, fuddy duddy B&B, it is a modern, stunningly decorated, homely and tech savvy place to stay. We were greeted warmly and taken supreme care of. The breakfast is to die for ! My god! And those famous cookies, yum yum yum!

Room Tip: The back room with balcony is where we stayed or our second night and thank god! It was amaaazzziinn...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple