We stayed for 2 nights right at the beginning of September, and quite simply had one of the best stays we have had in the USA. Arriving at The Chadwick is like being warmly and generously welcomed into someone's beautiful home, with luxurious touches everywhere! We arrived late after a very long drive, but the self-check-in procedure was really easy, and Scot came to greet us shortly after we arrived anyway! We stayed our 1st night in the Chamberlain Room (one of the most comfortable beds we've slept in ANYWHERE!) and 2nd night in the Baxter Room which has a beautiful little private balcony. The delicious gourmet breakfasts were literally the best we've ever eaten. The homemade cookies available to help yourself during the day are divine, and there is coffee, water, and other snacks out too. It is really helpful to have a computer available for using the internet, and other guests were happily making use of the lounge, DVD library and magazines. Scot's recommendations for dinner were great - we went to LFK (the burgers are great!) which is easy walking distance and The Farmer's Table, down in the Old Port. We discovered lots of fantastic independent coffee shops too!
A 2-night stay was definitely not long enough - we could happily have stayed for our whole trip as Portland and the surrounding area has so much to offer. When we are lucky enough to be able to return, we will definitely be back at The Chadwick! Why would anyone want to stay anywhere else?!! A 5* star 'Excellent' rating isn't enough - we would give it 10* if Trip Advisor had that option!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE CHADWICK BED & BREAKFAST: The New Standard of Bed & Breakfast LuxuryThe perfect Portland getaway, The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast provides thoughtful touches that invite a sense of pampering and romance in unsurpassed comfort and elegance. With endless events and activities offered in the Greater Portland area, you can keep active or spend time relaxing in the comfort of this classically appointed home away from home. Do as little or as much as you like.Whether visiting Maine for a long weekend, vacation, rest and relaxation, honeymoon, anniversary, wedding, or on business, The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast strives to provide a level of personal service that goes above and beyond, leaving you with a rich and memorable experience.Innkeeper & Owner E Scot Fuller, Assistant Innkeeper Adam Alfter, and the rest of The Chadwick Staff take great pride in providing tastefully appointed guest rooms—each with a private bathroom—beautifully landscaped grounds, and a five-star gourmet breakfast each and every morning. We can’t wait to have you experience it for yourself!Within walking distance, you’ll find Portland’s finest galleries, museums, theaters, shops, and restaurants. Guests often use The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast as a base for traveling to other nearby locations such as the Lakes Region of Western Maine, the rugged coastline of Acadia National Park, the sandy beaches of Southern Maine, and the breathtaking White Mountains of New Hampshire.Shoppers and restaurant enthusiasts alike will find whatever they are looking for not only downtown but just a car ride away in Freeport, Kittery, Bar Harbor, and Camden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chadwick Hotel Portland
- The Chadwick Bed And Breakfast
- The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast Portland, Maine