“Great accomodations”

The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 12 Portland B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I were getting away for a long labor Day weekend to Portland, ME. We were looking for a B&B to stay at, and chose The Chadwick. Adam greeted us upon our arrival, gave us a tour of the facility, and showed us to our room (the Longfellow). We were delighted with the coziness of our room.

We spent the next three days enjoying fantastic breakfasts (strawberry shortcake pancakes, eggs benedict, and waffles with blueberry/blackberry compote), and, after a long day out in Portland, or the side trip we made to Kennebunkport, it was great to return to the B&B where a warm cup of coffee and/or tea awaited, with an array of complementary snacks as well.

I especially appreciated Adam and Scott's attention to the breakfast selections, as they took extra care in their planning of the meals. My wife was pregnant during our visit, and they made sure to avoid certain foods for us (i.e., raw/uncooked items, deli meats, etc.).

The only minor drawback is that the B&B's location does not make it ideal to walk to some of the restaurants in the Old Port area (Fore Street, etc.), so parking your car in the Old Port area will tack on a few dollars every day. Parking for guests at the B&B is complimentary.

All in all, if we are ever in the Portland area again, finding a place to stay would be a simple choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrianJ966

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We just spent a week in Portland and stayed at the Chadwick. Scot and Adam are wonderful hosts and cooks! Each breakfast was delicious. We loved that you could help yourself to water and snacks. We especially loved the homemade cookies and couldn't wait to get back to the Chadwick for our afternoon tea and cookies. We had dinner at Duckfat, Eventide, Otto pizza and Sebago. All were suggestions of Scot and Adam and they were all delicious. They have a nice backyard with chairs and a hammock. Fun city and relaxing B&B. Would recommend to anyone going to Portland! Loved it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I were travelling to Toronto via Boston and Portland was our half way stop. We'd travelled by car and two buses and were very weary when we arrived at The Chadwick. We were met by Adam who was very friendly and extremely informative about the area. He showed us to our beautiful room with four poster bed lovely bathroom (with dressing gowns and toiletries). After a quick fresh up we went to discover Portland which is lovely, on the way back we got caught in a storm and arriving back to the hotel we met Scott who was more than helpful in drying our clothes for us and serving us a delicious breakfast next morning. I would recommend this beautiful hotel, it's in a nice area has wonderful staff and felt we really well looked after. Thank you Scott and Adam and also the guy we met just before we left who offered us cold drinks for our train journey. Hope to go back sometime

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was blown away by the Chadwick B&B. Everything was perfect, from the white noise machine in the room (my favorite thing in the world) to the delicious breakfasts, to the free parking, bottled water and seltzer. Scot and Adam were friendly and accommodating. They went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and comfortable. I would 100% recommend the Chadwick to anyone visiting Portland.

Room Tip: I only saw our room (Abbott) but it was lovely!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Upon entering, you are greeted by the most welcoming innkeeper and a big jar of M&M's!! The decor and ambience was phenomenal down to every lil detail. My room was perfect and the bed was ultimate! The bathroom and the rest of the quarters was awesomely comfortable. Breakfast? Forget about finding a better meal to start your day and to set your mood. If you appreciate food and service like I do, then The Chadwick is your place and you need to meet Scot and Adam!! I came to Maine expecting to fall in love. And I did! With Maine!!!!! Thanks for everything, you guys!!!! Missed you as soon as my taxi pulled away.
PS: can u please send me the cookie recipe? I'm in withdrawal!!!
Sam

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Welcoming and oh so comfortable, the Chadwick B&B is the way to go when visiting Portland, ME.

Scot knows how to take the B&B experience to new heights with exceptional service. The house is charming and very cozy, with indoor and outdoor spaces to relax. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The breakfasts are better than most restaurants'. I'd love it if they did room service, but I'll drag myself out of the comfy bed to get to the dining room for them!

Tip: The Chadwick is located in the west end, which is the loveliest part of the old town. When you venture out by foot to explore the town, go via the neighborhood (not down Congress). Don't miss the west promenade, and meander through the mansion-lined streets.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Friendly welcome and nice, clean accommodations. We liked the location which is within walking distance to the old port area and streets of beautifully restored mansions. Excellent breakfast here, and Adam made excellent suggestions for restaurant dining.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends