New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 13 Portland B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Bethel, Maine
“Best place to stay on a visit to Portland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I loved the proximity to everything that Portland has to offer, but especially the extremely friendly staff! They were absolutely wonderful and helpful, a real delight to do business with. I also enjoyed the lovely breakfast and the bed was the most comfortable that I have ever experienced while on vacation. If you are looking for a beautiful place to stay in the heart of Portland, look no further!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Amazing! The Chadwick folks made me feel as if I were home. I had just flown in from Alabama and was attending an annual Tour of Portland with new friends and I was greeted by Scot, love those slippers! The home was so stylisted decorated and welcoming for a home away from home. Scot toured the home and welcomed me since I was alone on my trip he made me feel safe and secure. The weather this winter was really cold for me in New England, so he had the fireplace roaring in my room, nice and toasty! The wine selection was wonderful and the breakfast Laura made was fit for a KING/QUEEN. Special care was given toward my dieting needs and the coffee was welcomed at 0700. I'm hoping for another trip and an invitation for the 3rd annual Tour of Portland for next year, I will be staying at the Chadwick again!

Room Tip: Call and book ahead there is only four rooms available..
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I love the Bed and Breakfast atmosphere. Hotels are so cold and impersonal. Scot and Laura take it one step beyond. They are so warm and friendly, pleasing the guests is obviously their priority. I got to know Portland and they were so helpful in doing that too. Everything has that special touch and the place is immaculate. Be sure to make The Chadwick part of any visit to Portland! I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Susan A
Jonesport, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

My wife and I used to live in Portland but several years ago retired to our home on the coast in Downeast Maine (four hours away). We had an event to attend in Portland and researched some B&B's on the West End of Portland (our old stomping grounds). The Chadwick seemed perfect online, and upon arrival it lived up to its Web descriptions and photos. Unfortunately, my wife came down with the flu and wasn't recovered enough to make the trip. I made the trip alone, but am looking foward to returning with her, and seeing her react as favorably as I did to the tastefully decorated rooms, the wonderful hospitality, and the delicious breakfasts! Thanks, Laura and Scott, for making my stay so pleasant!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked great and it's nice that there are just four guest rooms. I prefer staying...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The Chadwick was our temporary home in January while we explored Portland. Scott was a pleasure to work with and Laura's breakfasts were truly inspired for the very cold mornings. The availability of several wine choices for purchase by the glass or bottle was very nice and the complimentary snacks and cookies help keep the chill away. The weather was quite cold but the fireplace in our room kept us warm. We walked to most restaurants and all walks were cleared of ice and snow. We had the Abbot room which was a bit on the small size but there were plenty of space in the dresser and a good size closet for all the coats, scarfs, gloves,etc.

We are looking forward to staying at the Chadwick during our next stay in Portland.

Room Tip: Abbot room was cozy with lots of windows.
    • 4 of 5 stars
Brockton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

We had a wonderful stay on my birthday weekend away. The place was beautifully decorated and very cozy and quiet. The innkeepers were very personable and made you feel very welcome and at home and the breakfasts were so incredibly delicious. We hope to be back this summer! We definitely would recommend Chadwick's to our friends and family.

Karen and Noel
Brockton, MA

1 Thank Noel_Drury
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

The Chadwick was conveniently located to downtown Portland, hosts Scot and Laura were personable and welcoming, the environment was relaxed and friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and the food was great. Altogether, we had an exceedingly pleasant stay.

1 Thank Al S