“A WONDERFUL TIME”

The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 11 Portland B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 27, 2011

An absolutely beautiful Inn leading to a wonderful time with friends. Would love to go back next year.

Room Tip: All four are beautiful...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 23, 2011

The Chadwick is perfect if you have a family member at Maine Med and that was what led me to make a reservation. It is half a block from the hospital, and safe to walk back and forth at any hour. The accomodations are beautiful, comfortable, and interesting. The rooms have individual character and the common areas are excellent too. We would certainly enjoy a visit to the Chadwick for a more fun reason than Maine Med - maybe to go to Seadogs game! The breakfast was delicious and Scot is very accomodating. You can't go wrong staying here!

Room Tip: Ask Scot to advise you. The Baxter was perfect for me.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Portland, Maine, is such a great vacation spot - I'm from Vermont, so it's not too far off, yet far enough to feel like a real getaway. I've been many times, and it is definitely best when I stay with Scot and Laura at the Chadwick! They are consummate hosts, and the B&B is beautiful. Once when I was there, there was a professional photographer staging a photo shoot for a client, which tells something about the setting! Each room is different, and you can look at them all on the website before booking. Once there, Scot has recommendations for how to spend your time in any category, from dining to entertainment. Casual supper and music? Formal dinner and show? He can point you in the right direction. The Chadwick is also very conveniently located in Portland, within walking distance to tons of dining and entertainment options, yet on a street situated just off the noisy city center. And let's not even start about the breakfasts - Scot is a chef, so you will be well taken care of during your stay. When he posts his menus on Facebook, anyone who is not there wishes they were! All in all, an excellent place to be....one of these days, I plan to book one of the "Stay and Gourmet" weekends, in which the chef and a sommelier join forces and teach guests to cook a meal and pair wines as they relax for the weekend at this fabulous location. I highly recommend the Chadwick!

Room Tip: Look at the options online to find a room that suits your personality.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Siobhan981
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Both Scot and Laura were absolutely fantastic during my stay! I HIGHLY recommend the Chadwick! My breakfasts were always truly outstanding, honestly some of the best I have ever experienced when traveling. I found myself "stuck" in Portland for a few days due to Hurricane Irene, and both Scot and Laura were extremely accommodating, friendly and gracious. The inn was always incredibly clean, warm and inviting, even in a hurricane.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 13, 2011

My husband and I spent a weekend at the Chadwick this fall. We were impressed not only with our room, but with the impeccable service, attention to detail and the simply amazing food! Thank you for such a great stay and we are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2011

This was by far the most fabulous B&Bs I have stayed in, in Portland ME.. Everything from the decor, the staff, and the perfect location! Scot and Laura welcomed us to the inn, as if they were welcoming us in to there home. They not only had great recommendations on things to do in Portland and spots to see, they pointed us in the perfect direction!!! I HIGHLY recommend!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Chadwick to attend the annual Maine Brewer's Festival. Our room was clean, beautiful, and cozy. We had stayed before in a different room. This room was just as knife as the first room.
We interacted with both Scot and Laura, who bent over backwards to make our stay and breakfast out of this world! I hope to try another room the next time! You must go to the Chadwick!!

• Stayed: November 2011