“"Fresh ingredients and good Pho."”
Review of Thanh Thanh 2

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
san francisco, ca
“"Fresh ingredients and good Pho."”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The restaurant is small and has enough tables to accomodate about 20 to 30 persons. The pho is very tasty with fresh ingredients like bean sprouts, noodles, limes, beef balls and flank steaks; however, the portions are small so if you have a big appetite order a medium or large.

• Visited July 2012

“Special Service”
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

The great food is made all the better by the kind service. I was unsure of a new dish and my server kept checking to make sure I liked it. The dish was called Hu Tieu Bo Kho and it was somewhere between pho and a stew. It had fall-apart pieces of flank steak, noodles, sprouts and such in a very complexly flavored broth/sauce. Start out with the excellent crispy egg rolls, so good we ordered a second serving.

My partner had a standard Vietnamese style Pork Chop that was equally tasty.

“Excellent Pho”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Went to TT2 for lunch during a heavy downpour this last Saturday. The warm bowl of Pho was the right pick me up. The beef pho was bounding with flavors between the broth, the meats, the chili peppers, the lime and the basil. The rice paper wrapped Spring Rolls were decent - not the best I ever had, but good, The peanut sauce that accompanied the Spring Rolls was very good. I had a Durian fruit shake just to have the experience of trying Durian. No fault of TT2, but the fruitshake simply was not for me. I have adventurous tastes and let's just say I understand why this forbidden fruit is illegal to open on the Singapore subway now. Next time around I'll stick with a familiar fruit shake - like mango. The service was very warm and friendly as well - a ++ for this.

• Visited June 2012
“Love this place...but..”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Ok we love this place. It is so good. We get the pho and really love the pho and will come back here often. However---watch out. They often double charge you. Its happened to us probably 5+ times. Just pay in cash and you are good to go.

Other than that- Really good pho!

• Visited January 2012
Gorham, Maine
“Pho & Shakes: Winning Combo!”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I don't think I've actually been to TT2 since last fall, but I've eaten there multiple times and never been disappointed. I pretty much always get Pho w/rare steak and one of their exotic fruit shakes. I'm from the DC area where Pho spots used to be a dime a dozen and TT's pho ranks right up there for authentic flavor.
The service is consistently friendly whether eat-in or take-out and they've always obliged my request for extra cilantro or asian basil for pho add-in. My fav shake is avocado--don't know anywhere else locally that serves it!
And yes, perhaps they could use a few interior design tips from HGTV, but it's clean and comfy enough. I love knowing that I don't have to compete with hoards of loud groups for a booth, tolerate a long wait when I'm hungry, or circle the block for 10 minutes trying to find parking.
With it's highly convenient location just north of Woodfords Corner, I appreciate being able to pull together a combination outing with an easy urban hike through nearby Baxter Woods/Evergreen Cemetery, and picking up a few deals at nearby Goodwill thrift shop or Haknuman Meanchey asian grocery across the street:)

Visited September 2010