“Lovely Greek/Mediterranean food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Emilitsa

Emilitsa
Reserve with OpenTable
Emilitsa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Boston
“Lovely Greek/Mediterranean food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stumbled on this restaurant and were immediately attracted to its Greek menu. Very cozy restaurant that was quick to fill up, if you do not have a reservation, try your luck at the bar. We very much enjoyed the Greek food, everything we tried was either very good or at least above average. The atmosphere is also nice, modern and cozy but not too formal. They seem to serve mostly Greek wine but also make cocktails. Overall, great to have a place serving Greek/Mediterranean food in a place like Portland.

• Visited July 2014

Loveland, Colorado
“A FOODIE destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Well made an uphill trek to check this place out. All booked, but we asked if they could squeeze in a couple. Got a great indoor table immediately and help selecting a great red wine. Free appetizer arrived rom the kitchen, a dip with yellow lentil mash up with secret spices- stellar taste. We ordered a tomato salad to split for an appetizer to get a little gluten free item. The olive oil and cheese were excellent. My wife enjoyed her souvlaki. She loved it a said just a little dry, great flavor. I had the lamb loin chops - WOW! Yes, If you like lamb order this. The lamb was on some special mashed potatoes and spinach joined by a steamed tomato. They really know how to cook here. Very good upscale Greek. We heard the owner tell people at the next table that these were his mothers recipes

“A great Greek find in Portland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise to find a great Modern Greek restaurant in Portland Maine. The food and service were exceptional. The chef has taken the authentic Greek flavors to new heights. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited July 2014
Southern Maine
“Good food, not great customer service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Went to Emilitsa for my 50th birthday. We have been there several times for special occasions. They have a chicken liver appetizer with a vinegar buerre blanc I have had before which I really like except for the sauce. I asked if they would make the buerre blanc without the vinegar or just leave the sauce off. They refused. I think this was a reasonable request, and I was pretty aggravated that they refused. I ordered a tomato salad instead which was delicious, and my lamb chops were very good as usual, but honestly I'm not inclined to go back here.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Motherofthreeboys
Boston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding Greek cuisine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have heard of Emilitsa for years and finally got there this during this Fourth of July holiday period with my mother and other half. What a treat! The moussaka was in a league of its own. Everything that people ordered was superb. It is definitely a "special occasion" kind of restaurant, but it delivers.

• Visited July 2014