“Pricey for taste”
Review of Emilitsa

Emilitsa
Reserve with OpenTable
Emilitsa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Emilitsa is a Greek restaurant located in the arts district of Portland, Maine and boasts a contemporary and casual atmosphere. Emilitsa brings a wide array of Mezethes (small plates), Megala Piata (large plates), and pristinely fresh seafood to the seacoast area. We honor the breadth of traditional cuisine from all regions of Greece. We prepare our Greek dishes with as many local, fresh, organic and natural ingredients as are available to us. We also accommodate those with food allergies.
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Out with friends on a rainy night. Decided upon based upon tripadvisor. While the atmosphere was great and felt the service was very good and our waiter excellent with them taking coats and making out time relaxing. The food while very nice for Greek cuisine lacked a certain something that makes their high rating a bit over the top. Especially for the amount of our tab.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My partner and I have consecutive birthdays, so two of our friends took us to Emilitsa for the event. It was top notch from start (the delicious lentil amuse bouche) to finish (the chocolate torte and Greek coffee).We had appetizers, salads, and entrees that were out of this world. I tried the whole daurade - a fish from the Aegean Sea. It was redolent of olive oil, garlic, and lemon. It was so good! Even the Swiss chard served with it was so tastily prepared. I really love this place! Service was fantastic...can't say enough good about Emilitsa!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was positively divine - the only down side was the beer and wine selection. Service, great. Everything except the previously mentioned glitch gives this a thumbs up - we tell our friends to check it out. I don't want to tell anyone how to run their business, but do hope they might consider adding a few beer and wine selections, that might be non-authentic to appeal to people like me.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Maybe you know this and maybe you don't - you surely must already know Emilitsa serves one of the very finest (if not THE finest) meals in the entire state (maybe the entire Northeast?) - but they're now open for lunch on Thursday's and Friday's and OMG! The menu is as extensive (almost) and glorious as the dinner menu and if you don't try the "sliders" you missing one of the most incredible things on the menu. But, as you might imagine, you won't - can't! - go wrong ordering ANYTHING here. Now for lunch...Thursday's and Friday's.

(P.S. order the sliders and you'll thank me!). One last thing: the prices are insanely reasonable!!!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Six of us went for dinner here last night. The service was excellent. The food was excellent. I can't say enough about this place. Its funny because I work downtown and have walked past this place dozens of times. The atmosphere is wonderful also. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat!

I had the appetizer of chicken livers. I've never had them before. I love trying new things. They were delicious. I had lamb for my main meal. Again, very good. Nobody at our table had anything bad to say about anything. We'll be back.

Been to Emilitsa? Share your experiences!