“Old Time Maine”

Poland Spring Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Poland Springs
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We recently spent two nights at Poland Spring. We stayed at the Maine Inn which I would advise as it contains the dining room/entertainment area and has a choice location on the property near the pool and golf course.
For the amount this place charges, you will get your money's worth. Our room was spacious but needed updates; it was clean and comfortable.
The golf course was beautiful but the putting greens were miserable...good luck one and two putting!!
The staff is friendly but could use more training in hotel management. They are mostly young people with probably summer jobs. I only saw three older workers, all excellent.
It's the sort of place where you make your own fun so go enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sorny
There are newer reviews for Poland Spring Resort

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Bruce read the brochure, and said that we were going to Kellerman's in Dirty Dancing! We arrived the Thursday before July 4, and stayed until Sunday, July 6. We stayed at the Presidential Inn, and were quite comfortable. We explored the grounds, and the vicinity. It is all very lovely. There is so much to do, golf, pool, trout pond, horse shoes, etc. The meals were good - not gourmet, but good home cooking. I would love the recipe for the breakfast scones! I made sure to eat the fresh fruit salad, which I don't always have at home. The suppers in the evening were always tasty, and ample. Bruce really enjoyed the iced tea, and I always had milk.
We ate at Mel's, and the onion rings really hit the spot. We ate at Cyndy's, and the food was really fresh. It rained July 4, but the resort had a great celebration on Saturday July 5. It was a fun time, with families everywhere, children playing and friendly adults intermingling. Everyone was having a wonderful time. All friends you hadn't yet met. Good food, good music, good time!

Room Tip: No bad rooms at the Presidential
4  Thank redredrobin48
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

So many things to do. Nostalgic feel of the old buildings. Putting greens, pool, frolf, driving ranges, beautiful grounds. Lots for the whole family. Quaint rooms for a great price! If a quiet simple trip is what you want, this is he place for your family trip!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank AKM-DJM
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The first thing you see, as you enter the resort, Is a sign that says "Stress Free Zone", and that it is. We just had our Family reunion here, and it was the perfect place. Don't expect all the bells and whistles you'd get at a new hotel, but if you want a scenic, peaceful and relaxed place, this is it. The staff was very friendly, the food was good (not great), the pool was beautiful, the setting ideal, the rooms ok, and the grounds awesome! If you chose this Hotel, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

4  Thank kevinmm1109
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We scouted out the Poland Springs Resort for a family reunion. Our family is large and diverse, and finding a place to suit everyone is a challenge. Poland Springs was a resounding success! From the one year old to the 83 year old, there was something for everyone to do. The pool is magnificent, and having the restaurant right next door was so convenient.
We rented one of the cabins and it was more like having our own house. We gathered there at night to laugh and talk knowing we weren't bothering anyone else. The staff was amazingly accommodating. Many people in the family said it was the best reunion ever. So happy we chose Poland Springs!

3  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My only really big complaint was the mattresses were too rock hard at the lodge. I think perhaps you need to get some soft comfy mattresses. I would enjoy a good night sleep if they were more comfortable. For this reason alone I will not be staying at the Lodge.

Positive; Friendly staff, we enjoyed talking to everyone there. Staff enjoyed talking to my husband who is from England. I enjoyed breakfast as well.

I really hope you will think about getting some comfy mattresses.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsSue66
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I've stayed At Poland Springs Resort twice now Both times at The Lodge and loved it. It was spotless and the staff couldn't be nicer ! We also golfed and loved the course. The views were incredible. The prices are very reasonable with Breakfast and dinner buffet included. Also really enjoyed seeing the beautiful grounds and museum. Overall very pleased with This Resort ! I will definitely return and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Center Street Value Inn

Been to Poland Spring Resort? Share your experiences!