“Worth a short detour off the Maine Turnpike”
Review of Vittles

Vittles
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We found this place with the help of trip advisor. The chef is a CIA graduate and it shows on the caring attention to detail.
The homemade potato chips that come with the sandwiches are amazing. The ingredients are high quality. The lemon pepper haddock chowder was rich and very flavorful. My only quibble would be that the potatoes were not soft. The grilled cheese sandwich was delicious but could have been hotter. Chicken burger was also delicious.
Overall an excellent lunch at an easy location off the highway.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had heard about Vittles from friends and decided to try it for an early dinner on a Saturday evening around 5PM. Vittles is located in an older building in the center of Pittsfield and you might not notice it as you drive by, but you must stop or else you will miss some of the best food in Maine. We started with the caesar salad; it was very fresh and the dressing was delicious. We had broiled haddock, mashed potatoes, and julienne mixed vegetables; and grilled shrimp and scallops, french fries, and cole slaw. Our meals were awesome! Everything was prepared and seasoned so perfectly; it was absolutely delicious! We highly recommend Vittles; it was one of the best meals we have ever had.

2  Thank Terrysmom
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We were on our way home and it was time for lunch so we got off the highway and looked around. What a surprise to find this gem. We both had the gouda stuffed burger with their signature potato chips. It was very tasty and there was lots of other things to try.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I've eaten in Vittles half a dozen times in the last year or so, I'd eat there more often but I'd explode; their food is VERY GOOD, and I have too little will power.

My most recent visit was with five other business associates, we ordered from their daily specials menu and their regular lunch menu. I chose the cajun seafood soup after asking how spicy it was and hearing 'not too spicy'. It was perfectly spicy and chock full of a mix of fish, scallops and shrimp. DELICIOUS! I also had a ham & cheese pannini with tomatos and dijon mustard, equally delicious! Two other people at the table duplicated my order, one had a grilled rib-eye panning which looked great, and the other two chose BLT sandwiches.

We all were very happy with our choices.

Vittles has a very tempting dessert menu but I've yet to try any. The soups look too good for me to save room for dessert.

1  Thank chasinUpstateNewYork
Reviewed August 1, 2014

While travelling from Saint John NB to Portsmouth NH, my wife searched our GPS for restaurants near our location. Vittles popped up and off we went.
Everything was perfect at this establishment. The building it is in, the menu, the food and the service were exceptional.
Highly recommended.