“A nice spot for lunch but the food's nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lobster House

Lobster House
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Phippsburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hartland, Vermont
“A nice spot for lunch but the food's nothing special”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a pretty spot to stop for lunch with a nice water view but I didn't find the food to be very good. My clam chowder was almost all potatoes and no clams while my lobster roll was a bit soggy. My wife had some really good lobster stew, though.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank RookerVT

Columbus
“Wonderful setting”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This restaurant is right on the pier. You order your lover by size and take a number. The best lobster we had in Maine. Also, the steamers were grerat. An ice cream stand is next door. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank BA_Ohio
Massachusetts
“Average”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Came here as a special night out with my sister, her family, and my kids. The lobster was reported as awesome. The coleslaw with dinner was really excellent. I had fried clams which were disappointing. I couldn't really tell if they were whole belly or strips but given that we were on the coast I had assumed they were whole belly. Some of us were really happy with our meals and some of us weren't. The location is excellent with a beautiful view. Nice assortment of ales according to my brother-in-law.

• Visited July 2013
Cincinnati , OH
“Charming restaurant lovely view”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We are summer locals and dine here several times each summer. Good food, great desserts and reasonable wine prices. I think prices have been creeping up on the food and portions seem to be smaller this year but still a solid dining choice for the peninsula.

1 Thank mollyd2
Boston, MA
“Grandma's Blueberry Pie”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Being in the mood for lobster we headed to the Lobster House expecting to find delicious steamers and lobsters and not much else. We weren't disappointed with the steamers and lobsters but were pleasantly surprised by the great cole slaw and delicious french fries. Then we asked our waiter about dessert choices. He didn't miss a beat. "You have to have my grandma's blueberry Pie. It's the best." With a recommendation like that how can you refuse? We figured it would be good but probably not the best we've ever had. Were we ever wrong!!! Grandma's blueberry pie was just that... the best! We even got to tell Grandma who learned how to make pie crust from her mother-in-law, the former owner of the Lobster House.

• Visited August 2011