Stonehouse at Popham Beach
Residence Inn Bath Brunswick Area(Bath)(Great Value!)
$214
Residence Inn
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath(Brunswick)(Great Value!)
$100
Mid-Town Motel(Boothbay Harbor)
Topside Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
Tugboat Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsstonehouse manorb bcarriage housebreakfast was deliciouslobsterjanepondhostscottagecomfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This solid but beautiful house is where we weathered Hurricane Sandy. We felt safe and cocooned here and surprisingly had a good nights sleep. No wonder this house is so popular for weddings - it is elegantly furnished but has a wonderfully homely feel. From the large proportioned rooms is the wonderful view of the gardens (10 acres) and the lake beyond. The breakfasts were the best we have ever had - fresh fruit, freshly baked cakes, muffins, pancakes which melted in the mouth, delicious eggs and bacon. Jane and Tim were the ultimate in hosts. Very caring and attentive and a delight to talk to. We loved our bedroom which was large and extremely comfortable and beautifully furnished in shades of pale green. We will certainly return for another holiday, as soon as possible, and would recommend The Stonehouse most highly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was our first weekend alone without our kids in 4 years so we decided to splurge on this place. It was very very nice and I would have given them more stars except we were mislead about the price of the rooms. If you book this place double check the room rates with Jane. The website that listed their rates (stonehousemanor.com) had old rates and peak season end dates. I was expecting our room to be $235 a night and it was $285 (they changed the end of peak season from Sept 8th to Sept 17th, so our Sept 14th weekend stay was unfortunately the last weekend of summer rates, not the first weekend of fall rates! We stayed 2 nights so our weekend was $100 more than I thought it would be. Had I known this we would have waited a weekend, or just stayed one night. Jane claims they can't edit the website, and I suppose I should has asked the rates when I booked. And I knew none of this until check out either. the place was very nice, the breakfasts were over the top but next time we'll stay at a cheaper hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank kate b
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

This b&b was gorgeous. It was obvious the owners take great pride in the house and grounds. Our room was lovely with water views. There is not much within walking distance but the location is incredibly picturesque and only a short drive from Popham Beach. The breakfast was delicious and the owners were more than happy to accommodate our baby, even providing a bouncy chair.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have stayed at B&B's and Inns in New England, Ireland, UK and Germany and this was by far the best for me. The building and grounds evoke old world elegance and seclusion in short supply these days and the room, bed and bathroom were spotless and airy. As good as those material things were, the warm welcome from owner's Jane and Tim was amazing. Jane's cooking was fabulous and the portions were ample to get you through a morning's hike on the beach or trails. Highly recommened!

Room Tip: All rooms looked good to me - quiet due to generous sizing and ayout.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My son, 77 year old mother and I kicked off this fall trip at one of our all time favorite destinations: Popham Beach. This adventure was a gift from my son to his grandmother. We stayed at Stonehouse 3 days, then traveled to Quebec City and Toronto. The 3 days we spent at the Stone House Manor were the highlight of our trip, and we wished we had spent the entire time here! The setting, the house itself, the calm and quiet - and then there's Jane, a phenomenal hostess! Her breakfasts are legendary - you won't need to eat for the rest of the day! She provided us with lawn chairs and giant towels for the beach, as well as to-go thermoses so we could take our morning beverages to the beach. We stayed in the Carriage House and it was delightful - set a bit apart the house so it was very quiet. The porch is perfect for reading or napping, the rolling lawn cascades down to the lake with its dock and canoe and kayak. There's all kinds of lawn game equipment for those who want to be more active. Not a bug in site! And the other guests were interesting and fun, a variety of ages and from around Europe and the U.S. My favorite part - when Mom woke me up at 3:47 a.m. because the stars were so bright that we just had to get up and go for a walk to see them better! Stonehouse Manor is the kind of setting that helps creates memories that will last a life time!

Room Tip: The Carriage House was perfect, although up a flight of steps. It has a kitchen, seating area and marvelous little porch all its own!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family