“OK. It might have been a mistake....BUT!”
Review of Peaks Island Tours

Peaks Island Tours
Baltimore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“OK. It might have been a mistake....BUT!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Here is the email I sent to this company today.
Everyone makes mistakes, and the woman answering the phone did apologize, but this type of thing upsets me considering it was a good part day of my vacation down the tubes.

Quote:

Parked in Portland.
Paid for Ferry. 2 people
Stepped off ferry rather swiftly, certainly not the last person, and the tour had already left. I was told it would wait.

If this is the case, what happens if someone is disabled enough that it takes a few extra minutes.

Wasted day with time and financially.

I will put my negative review on trip advisor where I learned about your service.

There were people getting off the ferry behind us. So we were not even the last.

This was very rude of your company.

My phone shows that I called your number at 12:45. This is after looking for you for 5 minutes. We were, therefore, no more that 5 minutes late and made our way directly to the gray shed as directed.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank jayah3
52445Steve, Manager at Peaks Island Tours, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
On Friday, July 6, 2012 7:18 AM, Marisa MacIsaac <peaksislandtours@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. Herzog,

I apologize for the mix up yesterday. Apparently there must have been a miscommunication between the woman who handles the phone and the driver. My driver assured me that he was at the pick up point from 12:30 until 1:00 (the gray shed at the entrance to the parking lot). He said that only the three other people who had reserved for that tour time came up to the golf cart. When no one else came he assumed that you had either missed the ferry or had decided not to come so he started the tour at 1:00.

We have been in business for many years and have had this kind of thing happen only once - the first year we were providing tours. Again, I am sorry it happened. We will gladly provide you with a tour at another time free of charge.

By the way, if someone tells us they have a disabled person in the group when they make the reservation, we pick them up st the head of the wharf as soon as the ferry departs.

Steve
Island Tours

Galveston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Highlight of Portland visit”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This Golf Cart tour was the best attraction on our 3day visit to Portland and the southern beach areas of Maine. Our guide, Maryann, was very knowledgeable of island history and made our tour entertaining and informative. Make reservations...you don't want to miss this

Visited September 2011
3 Thank judyjudyjudy
Hillsborough, North Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“90 minutes of fun and history”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Peaks Island tours offer a narrated tour of Peak's Island aboard an 8 seater electric golf cart. This tour is so much fun and a fabulous way to see and learn, about the island from a long time native. The tour takes you all around the very scenic island and stops off at numerous points. One stop is a scenic look out on Evergreen street. Just nearby is a honey stand operated on the honor system, where one can buy local honey. Look out for this. I had previously cycled around the island and I was delighted to discover that this tour made a stop there,as I wanted to return and buy honey as gifts. Best to make reservations for your tour ahead so you are not disappointed. Pick up is adjacent to the Portland to Peak's Island Ferry dock. Very highly recommended.

Visited September 2011
5 Thank SingingSeagull
Saratoga Springs, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very fun and informational”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Peaks Island Tours is a golf cart based tour service. It's a fun way to spend some time learning about the history of Peaks Island. Plus, who doesn't want to cruise around a beautiful island on a golf cart?

2 Thank reimanrk