“Wheres the losers lounge?”
Review of Oxford Casino

Oxford Casino
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Oxford
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been donating two to three hundred a week, mostly in slots, for many months chasing the jackpot I now know will never come. What has it got me?....thirty bucks twice a week in free slot play. Yes, I'm sure they would love to get me there twice a week, fortunately for me, the hour drive isn't worth thirty dollars. I also go with a friend who usually donates a little more than me and so I'm usually left waiting for her. Here's the pickle, there are no seats except at a slot machine or a table game. Yes, they have a restaurant, but I will not take up a table a waitress makes money on, and the 3 tables in front of the restaurant are usually full. So to the annoyance of my friend, I stand right behind her and hope the wins something. It would be a lot weirder if I stood behind a complete stranger. So oxford, I ask you on behalf of all my people, giving the losers a place to discreetly hang would make our losing experience less bitter.

9  Thank tmadore

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The casino dealers are generally friendly and now that the casino has been open for a while make much less mistakes, when it first opened they seemed to struggle to add up.

The management team, however are rude unhelpful and generally seem to be there to get you out of the casino if you start winning on the tables. The Oxford rewards are pathetic if you play table games DO NOT SIGN UP as they use this to monitor winnings (on the rare occaision this happens) and if you win too much they will ask you to leave. The slot payouts are ridiculously low, again stay away. Hopefully there will be some competition opening up soon.

14  Thank Gamblingman2013
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I figured I'd take the hour drive while I was on vacation but what a disappointment this was. This place is really small, smaller then one floor of a department store. The slots don't pay, I usually play blackjack but all the tables where filled and people I was with don't play tables. I couldn't believe how small this place is, don't bother going here.

9  Thank brokenxx
Reviewed September 12, 2013

What a poor excuse for a casino! Although very clean and modern, as an avid casino player,(all over the country) I have never seen a large jackpot hit by anyone,and i have been there at least a dozen times! Their comp system is PATHETIC..why bother, may as well not have one!! The locals seem to enjoy it, but the majority of them probably don't know any better. Sorry for the poor review, but reality is reality!!

18  Thank Gary S
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My fiancé and I like to get away every now and again for a long weekend up to Maine to relax and spend a day at this casino. It's clean and relaxing. But seriously, we've been here 1/2 dozen times by now and I've never seen any real winners walking out of this place.
If you want to go and have fun and gamble a little bit, or learn how to gamble, this is your place. But if you are looking to hit it big - buy a plane ticket and head to Vegas.

5  Thank 474EricB

Been to Oxford Casino? Share your experiences!