“Been here, Love It!”
Review of Otter Creek Inn

Otter Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Otter Creek B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed here a couple years ago and loved it! Great beds and my wife keeps raving about the great sheets, so we have to go back. We're planning a trip now to return to Maine and we'll be staying at the Otter Creek. Can't wait.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jonmtsn

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Very clean and included continental breakfast. The owners are friendly, personable and accommodating. They have a small general store that has hot breakfast items for a nominal additional cost. Their store also sells beer and wine and you can get lobsters cooked on the premises to eat outside on picnic tables. The room had some nice antique furniture (dresser and night stand) so it was kind of nostalgic for me, reminded of me of my childhood and staying at an old relatives house. Very relaxing place, just what you want for a vacation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian G
Reviewed August 12, 2011

For many years my wife and I, our family and friends have thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Otter Creek Inn. The staff is always helpful and the hospitality is warm and friendly. It's an excellent value and a delightful way to enjoy Mt. Desert Island.
John and Bonnie Briscoe
St. Mary's County
Maryland

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank John B
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The Otter Creek Inn was better than I hoped. Having driven by it over the years, it had been on my list to try. We were not disappointed. Our room was large and comfortable. For an older inn, everything looked and felt quite fresh. We slept soundly and woke to delicious coffee and warm out of the overn blueberry muffins. We loved sitting in the many comfortable chairs, drinking coffee and enjoying the view. Our dog loved her walk up a quiet lane. I can't say enough. Oh, we also had some nice casual conversations with the diverse and interesting guests. All around a great experience. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MDIheart
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I recently attended an annual family get together in Bar Harbor ME. I wanted to stay off the beaten path of the Bar Harbor streets and my family recommended the Otter Creek Inn. Four families stayed at the inn during our visit. We found the accomodations served all our needs from comfortable beds, wifi, tv, affordable rates and a helpful staff. They offer both traditional rooms and cabins which have kitchenettes and hide away beds for larger families. The Inn also has a market next door which offers hot breakfast sandwiches, hardy lunch sandwiches and pizza and fresh live lobster cooked to order for dinner! The Inn offers a quiet tranquility away from the busy town of Bar Harbor and a helpful staff that makes you feel like your part of their family . It offers picnic tables, lounging chairs and a hammock to lull you to sleep in the quiet area of Otter Creek. It is close to entrances into the State Park. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Otter Creek Inn and look forward to future stays there. We wouldn't stay anywhere else!
Ophelia L.
Manhattan NY

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ophelialed
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My family and I stayed at one of the cotages,it was very clean quiet with a wonderfull view of the trails to Cadilac Mountain. The staff was friendly and full of information. We enjoyed a lobster bake one evening and it was exellent. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2007

This Inn is outdated and dirty. I wasn't happy when I arrived at 7pm and went to the desk to state my concern with the dirty shower, hair in the bed, paint falling off the ceiling, etc, etc. , the man behind the counter said there was no one there to help me and I should return the next morning. I left and returned the next morning and spoke with Susie who claimed that the room was fine and she was the one who made the bed so there was no hair in it. They would not refund my money even though I didn't stay there. I actually stayed in my truck until I could get a room the next night at a nice clean hotel. Very unfriendly, very dirty and non accomadating. Do not stay there!

4  Thank luvpizza7
#2 of 2 in Northeast Harbor
Colonel's Suites
Colonel's Suites
#1 of 3 in Northeast Harbor

Been to Otter Creek Inn? Share your experiences!