Black Bear Inn and Conference Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$124
$120
Travelocity
$218
$179
Hampton.com
Bangor Inn & Suites(Bangor)(Great Value!)
$99
$184
$156
  • Breakfast included
$159
All reviewsblack beansopen housecontinental breakfastroom was cleanwine and cheese receptionwaffle ironcollege visitvisiting umainecookiesoff the highwaynova scotiagreat place to stayvery nice hotelfridge and microwavepleasant stayeasy accesscoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just spent four days at the Black Bear Inn for a sorority event. Check in was smooth and friendly, the room was huge and well prepared- there is a Keurig in the room (this makes life worth living in itself). Clean, charming, cozy, unique. Attentive staff, great continental breakfast. During our time there, the blizzard Nemo arrived and left. There was not even a hitch in service or cheerfulness of the staff. Parking lot was continually plowed as people were able to get their vehicles moved (when they wanted to do so). I cannot rave enough about what a great time we had! Exercise room is well enough equipped and there is even a sauna. Did not eat at the cafe but the food smelled great! Thanks for a great and memorable weekend. If I had to spend another blizzard in a a hotel can could choose, I would choose the Black Bear Inn again. I'd choose it for nice weather too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank GinasMa
thpalmer3, General Manager at Black Bear Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Black Bear Inn. We are glad that you liked our new in-room Keurig coffee makers. They have been a hit with our guests. Thank you for pointing out the friendliness of our staff. We take great pride in giving exceptional service. Next time you are with us, be sure to check out the café. The food is fantastic! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Never had the occasion to stay there since I live in the area but Storm Nero had made plans for me. Stayed two nights in such comfortable, clean, and well designed rooms. Since I was coming to a special event, there were others I knew there. Our impromptu gatherings in the sauna, cafe, or lobby were supported by staff who provide extra touches and time (after their normal service hours in cafe especially) for us to get reacquainted. Staff went the extra mile. Never went without. They found eateries that were open or would deliver in a blizzard, shoveled and cleared walkways constantly, Never heard a peep from hallways or from other rooms. Place and staff are amazing!

Room Tip: Hallsway are longer than most hotels I have stayed in so if walking is an issue, request a room closer to lobby or elevator which are located in middle of building. Highway side can be noisy but I suspect the storm plows are not typically going by hourly. The storm was so bad that normal traffic sounds were pretty non existant.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DaLadyD

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Black Bear Inn. Thank you for pointing out our wonderful staff. We take pride in what we do, which is making sure your stay is wonderful! I’m glad you were able to eat in our café. We are open Monday-Saturday, from 5-8pm, so be sure to come back soon!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We were visiting U Maine and just stayed for one night. Everything was great, room was very clean and very comfortable. Very easy access to U Maine and the highway. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Didn't get a chance to enjoy breakfast but it looked and smelled amazing. If my son chooses to attend U Maine i know this will be the hotel we return to.

Room Tip: We stayed in the family suite very spacious and clean.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lenore D

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Black Bear Inn. Our location next to UMaine makes us a great spot for anyone visiting the campus. We hope your son chooses UMaine, and you get to come stay with us often!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've stayed at the Black Bear Inn twice, once for a graduation, and just last weekend on a trip to visit our son. The Black Bear Inn is a wonderful inn that supports the UMaine community. It has all of the amenities of a Hilton or a Marriott or a Best Western, but it's more comfortable and has a feel of home. Maybe it's in the sincere greeting you get when you arrive, or in the clean space that is your room for your stay, or the pretty black bear quilts and crisp white sheets on your bed or the bathroom that looks and smells clean with its pinecone shower curtain. It's a nice place, a warm place, one that you can come back to and know that you'll get a good night's sleep. (The night before I stayed at BOS Logan Hilton and the bathroom didn't look all that clean to me).

Room Tip: We had a corner room and comfy king bed.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Black Bear Inn. We are especially pleased that you noticed many of the little ways that separate us from a chain hotel. It’s the little touches that make us unique, but it feels warm because of our caring and helpful staff, who strive to make your stay exceptional. Thank you again for your kind comments, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've been staying at Black Bear Inn every week during the academic year for about 4 years, and I'm very pleased with the service. The staff is great, the rooms are comfortable (although a few near the highway are noisy) and the switch to the new ownership has ended up being very positive. It's very nice that the rooms all have microwaves & refrigerators again - I enjoy eating the restaurant's food now & again, but usually arrive too late and/or don't want to spend the money, so it's good to know I can fare for myself. Occasionally there are maintenance issues - one of the king rooms I prefer has had a slow drain in the main vanity for months, even though I've reported it. Also, while the breakfast is pretty good for the standard hotel offerings, it's been pretty much the same as long as I've been going there (except for the addition of waffles, which I don't eat). Generally, I'm very happy to be able to depend on Black Bear Inn, and would recommend it whole-heartedly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your many experiences at the Black Bear Inn. We appreciate your feedback. Our staff’s goal is to make your stay exceptional. Our refrigerators and microwaves in every room have been a hit, almost as much as the new in-room Keurig coffee makers! Thank you again for your kind comments, and we look forward to your next stay with us!