“Generous portions!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Seasonally Open May-October, Call ahead for hours
Description: Seasonally Open May-October, Call ahead for hours
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visited on a busy fall afternoon and they service was friendly and speedy. Food was good with satisfying portions. Great selection of beer!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were seated right away. Menus arrived 10 minutes later as well as the waitress askin for our drink order. The service overall was very slow and not attentive. The only good part about the meal was getting out check and being able to leave. The Main course took 45 to get, and when it got here it was very cold an we had to send it back. She did not even apologize or anything. I would have had better luck and service at McDonald's. My steak was very over cooked ad tough like eating a belt. My girl friends prime rib sandwich was over cooked an very fatty not a good cut of meat. OVERALL I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS PLACE TO ANY ONE LOOKIG FOR QUICK SERVICE AND A FAIRLY PRICED MEAL

FLYMAN2_12, Owner at Tall Tales Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

I am very sorry you didn't have a good experience at our wonderful Tavern here in Oquossoc. We strive very hard to make sure our service and food Quality is the highest possible. I address every comment very seriously and will take every measure to make sure our staff is aware of your experience. Our steaks and prime rib are aged and our seafood is the freshest around, we always order the very best available. We work very hard to ensure you are getting the very best possible, however, mistakes are made as I can see. We have been extremely busy since we opened a little over a year ago and have had the honor of Yankee Magazine Best of New England Award recently. Please try us again on your next visit to Oquossoc....I'm sure you will be pleased.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

A great little place to eat. Our food was delicious. Our server was awesome! A great addition to restraunt selections in the rangeley lakes area. We had fried scallops, baked haddock and tenderloin tips. All very good.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Fish chowder and lobster chowder were both great as the fall weather moved into town. Nice side salad too. Hit the spot.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had the Grilled Baguette, which consisted of onions, zucchini, portabella mushroom, green and red peppers, and cheese in a balsamic glaze. Not bad, but I expected there to be more. The sandwich was quite small and, though it tasted okay, it wasn't anything superb. The service here was also lackluster. It seemed to me that they were short-staffed, as the hostess was also taking orders and running back and forth to the kitchen in a very harried, flustered manner. It wasn't terribly busy, but it did take about 15 minutes for us just to get our beverages, which were just water and a draft beer. Overall, good, but not great.