First off, before I moan, I would like to praise the staff at this motel - they could not have been friendlier. This is true for the staff behind the check-in desk and in the coffee shop.
The room itself was of reasonable size, with two queen beds and a kitchen. The beds were very uncomfortable and had the worst pillows I have ever come across - they were old and lumpy.
None of the bed clothes matched - the top and bottom sheets were different colours as were the pillow cases.
Staying here at the end of September is dreadful - most everywhere else is closed up! As a result there is no where really local to eat of an evening.
We were booked in here for two nights, but left after one in order to find better accomodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Beach Inn provides spacious accommodations with direct access to 7 miles of sandy beach. We offer deluxe rooms and suites with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies, air conditioning, heat, extended cable television, telephones and much more. Located in the most beautiful section of Old Orchard, you'll enjoy the finest beach in Maine. Take a relaxing stroll along the waters edge to the town center where you will find the famous Old Orchard Pier, Palace Playland amusement park, along with many shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your The Grand Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Beach Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Grand Beach Old Orchard
- The Grand Beach Inn Old Orchard Beach, Maine