The Grand Beach Inn
Atlantis Motel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Pool
Sea Cliff House Motel(Old Orchard Beach)
$89
Beau Rivage Motel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
$109
Sea View Inn(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
$80
Crest Motel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
$137
$127
The Copley LaReine Motel(Old Orchard Beach)
$98
Alouette Beach Resort(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
$98
Friendship Oceanfront Suites(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
$107
Marvin Gardens Motel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
Ocean Walk Hotel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
$89
All reviewspine pointfire pitnext yearpierseason
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed at Surfside rooms 24 and 25. I have only one good thing to say: it was oceanfront. Bed was extremely uncomfortable and there was no mattress cover. Floor slopes - clothes cabinet had broken drawers. Kitchen was deplorable - pots were rusty, oven not cleaned, yuk.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Hello thank you for your review. First I would like to say that both beds are were new this year. The one in unit 24 is a Tempapedic queen size bed. And 25 is a new Serta bed. I am sorry you felt uncomfortable but there was nothing wrong with the beds. It is an older building that is right on the beach, the building has settled a little leaving a slight slope in the floor. That is out of the hotels control. I am sorry to see this review as nothing was said to me or my during your stay with us as we would have gone above and beyond to make the situation right. If you would like to contact me directly please feel free to do so. (207) 934-4621.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I needed a weekend away and stayed at the Grand Beach Inn. Everybody was very friendly and the GM Sean even came out and greeted us upon arrival. The room was super clean and when had an issue, my gf spilled coffee on the bed, I called the front desk and they sent the cleaning crew immediately. They were super cool about it and changed everything out no questions asked. If you're looking for a clean and friendly experience, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Downtown and the beach are easily accessible via the trolly.. Pool was warm and clean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear that your stay was so enjoyable. The staff is very responsive to guest request and I hope to see you on your next visit to Old Orchard Beach.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed 3 years ago and it was starting to be a little outdated. I returned because of the convenient location and affordable rates. I was pleasantly surprised to see the rooms renovated. The fridge and microwave were an excellent addition. My family loved the private balcony and kids enjoyed the pool area. We will definitely return to the Grand Beach on our next trip to the ocean!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for noticing the changes we have made, we are continuing to improve our property everyday and the staff is happy that it is being noticed. We can't wait to see you on your next trip.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Grand Beach is a convienent location. The staff is accomodating and quite friendly. The beds were comfortable and pillows were as comfy as the ones we have at home. Our favorite part of the stay was starting our day off at a little place down the street that made the most amazing omlettes! One suggestion I have would be to update the carpets in the stairwell but I know keeping carpets clean near the ocean can be difficult! We look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the review. We are striving to make every detail of the hotel better. over the winter we will be looking into replacing the carpets in the stairwells. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Feedback is the most valued tool here at the Grand Beach Inn. Thanks again hope to see you next year.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Me (one adult), two teens and to young boys stayed here August 19 to August 22, 2013, as we did last year at around the same time. Lots has been done to improve this place since last year, but keep in mind that it is not a five star hotel, and does not pretend to be. It's a normal place with a normal price that caters to normal people. The price is reasonable for what you get and the service is reasonable. If you want a perfect place with above par service, complimentary breakfast buffet and the likes, look elsewhere.

I called Sunday morning to book a room for Monday. Got what I was looking for quickly and professionally. Caveat here: book through Expedia or Priceline. The price Ally got me for room 50 was 175$, I could have got the same room for 162$ on Priceline (which kinda pissed me off!!!)

The pool here is nice, Wi-Fi works great, I enjoyed the Keureg coffee machine and the mini-fridge. Main reason I booked here though was the proximity of the beach. Here, we're less than 100 yards from the most beautiful part of Old Orchard Beach. Seriously!!!! Kids love it here!!!! Yesterday morning at low tide, the beach was about 500 feet long! Fine fine sand, not Cancun or Siesta Key like, but Tampa like. Absolutely beautiful!

We will definitely be returning, but will be booking through Priceline! See youz next year!

Room Tip: Book through Priceline!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Hello Traveler, Thanks for the review. We are glad you enjoyed the updates we have put in place. Please book direct with us. If you see a price online give us a call and we WILL match it. If you have any questions that need answered before your next visit give me a call (207)934-4621.