“Great Stay!”

The Grand Beach Inn
Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The staff was wonderful and so accommodating. Our little cottage was perfect for our stay. We enjoyed the ocean and the pool. Keep upgrading because it shows. We'll be back next year, hopefully, with more of our family. Great family place!!! Thanks!

Room Tip: We loved having a cozy cottage
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

It was a pleasure meeting you during your stay. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to seeing you and your family again next year.

There are newer reviews for The Grand Beach Inn

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We arrived and were able to check in a little early, person at the front desk was excellent and was able to upgrade my room to a cabin!! Beach was right across the street and the breakfeast place on the property had great food. Looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to hear that my staff was able to accommodate an early check in for you. I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stumbled upon Grand Island Beach while touring Maine on business. Orchard Beach was overbooked and we were lucky to find one room left at this hotel. A charming young man,Sean Connor, who turned out to be the manager greeted us. He let us know the room wasn't the best in the house and quickly offered a deal. My husband and I are used to staying in upscale places and we were pleasantly surprised to be so comfortable in the environment at this family Inn. The beach access was the best and lots of fun to be had at night in town. We loved it so much we decided to go back on the weekend on our way out of town. It was then we had the opportunity to see Sean in action dealing with a difficult customer. He was very professional and ended up offering to move their luggage so they wouldn't be late for a wedding even though the miscommunication was clearly not due to the staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your kind words. It was my pleasure meeting you two during your stay with us. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

horrendous... stayed with my family 7/14 and 7/15... dirty, smelly, 70's paneling and cinderblock walls wood behind toilet was rotting. Room was not cleaned on second day.... beds were made with all pillows piled on one bed. had to pull out mattress to plug in light. had to ask for towels and coffee.... just run.... they just don't care.... asked to be moved and they said they were full yet parking spaces were 3/4 empty

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob B
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Hello Traveler, I am sorry to hear about your experience during your stay. I have been to the room you stayed in and found no evidence that the room was "horrendous". Yes it dose have wood paneling and painted cinder block wall. But what you failed to note is that the room has brand new bedding, brand new carpet, and a 32" flat screen TV mounted on the wall. Behind the toilet is just missing a piece of rubber baseboard but the wall is concrete not wood. I have my maintenance staff correcting this. I am sorry about your experience but when booking a Standard room through a travel site a standard room is what is given. I have also spoken with my housekeeping staff about the stay over service. My staff is very caring and they do there best to accommodate every guest request. Please reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance. (207)934-4621

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We rented the "Skippers Cabin" for most of a week for family vacation (2 adults, 2 young adult daughters). Bedroom had been renovated, but living room very outdated. Kitchen had the usual ammenities, but very few odd dishes. Everyday, housekeeping failed to come, and when we called, they would stop over and do a marginal job. Everyday! The Inn is across the street and about a 500 yard walk from the beach through a nearby public access. No water view. They don't tell you, but it backs up to the track for the Amtrak Downeaster, which comes through literally like a dozen times per day and night, and you kinda get used to it. Property was reasonably well maintained, and with some exception, the staff was helpful and positive. Clientele was mostly friendly families. It was about a mile from the "Pier" which is the center of activity and nightlife. Marginally walkable, but very bike-able. (Parking for cars near the pier was a rip-off, but not the Inn's fault.) Old Orchard Beach overall was charming, had many unique restaurants (some exceptional), the beach is beautiful and kept clean, its a throwback to family beach vacations of the last century.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for the review. The hotel is still undergoing lots of updates and that dose include the furniture in the cabins. The train dose go by but it last only about 10 sec. We do try to keep the atmosphere here as family friendly as possible. We hope to see you on your next visit to Old Orchard Beach.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

this place was dirty and disgusting. the shower curtains were stained & dirty, the beds were so uncomfortable and dirty. the rugs weren't vacuumed. the workers were friendly and helpful though. i really loved the workers there. but the rooms were disgusting. i would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Flower S
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm not sure if you brought your dissatisfaction to our attention as we would have done everything possible to meet AND exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was my worst hotel experience ever. We booked a room for one night that supposedly had two queen size beds, a balcony, and a full kitchen. The room we got had one bed, a " kitchen" that consisted of a sink, fridge, and microwave. The room was dirty and smelt bad and the tile on the bathroom floor was peeling off. They would not change our room to one that could fit 4 people, so after about three tries we got our money back and left at midnight for a three hour drive home. The service is terrible and the hotel was Gross, do not stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicole E
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

I am sorry to hear about your experience with us during your visit. We do not have any rooms that contain 2 queen beds with a balcony. We do offer rooms with 2 full size beds and a balcony with a full kitchen. We do everything in our power to accurately accommodate every guest reservation. Our rooms are cleaned and inspected after every guest. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to reach out to me directly at (207)934-4621.